By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Wolfie

Here is a list of all the postings Wolfie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: a few turnings
25/08/2013 22:14:35

Hi Sam, I must say it looks really great. Good quality plywood can produce a lovely effect. I like the overall shape of your vase too. Well done

cheers. Ian

Thread: Not another WIP
24/08/2013 10:38:39

Well done Mailee, I always like to see what others are making. As Ron says keep the pics coming .

Ian

Thread: I don't normally
24/08/2013 10:33:58

Very nice Derek, where did you get your inspiration from? I love these "arty"things! I must say I like the gold paste in the grain, it really makes it pop. Congrats on a great job.

Ian

Thread: Rosewood jewellry box
24/08/2013 10:27:50

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum from me also. You have made a very nice box. I am amazed that you only used basic tools to make it. I really look forward to seeing what you can produce in the future when you have some more tools! Very well done

cheers. Ian

Thread: Dog Puzzle
20/08/2013 14:51:39

Hi Derek, nice job. Is the outline of the dog and the cuts your own design or did you have a pattern?

Ian

Thread: rippled ash bowl
20/08/2013 14:46:48

Well done Dennis, love the grain

Ian

Thread: Back to Oak
20/08/2013 14:45:06

Great job Mailee,looks really good.

Ian

Thread: cherry clock
20/08/2013 14:42:13

Lovely clock Dennis. I'm sure your wife is delighted.I like the design it looks nice and solid. Well done.

Ian

Thread: Doors finally painted!
14/08/2013 18:30:40

Great job Mailee, looks really good. I'm sure your client will be very pleased with the result

Ian

Thread: Ground to a halt
14/08/2013 18:28:01

Thanks for all your suggestions folks. Ron, unfortunately this is just for myself so there is no rush to finish. Glad you found a new job Al it's not easy these days. I don't think I could ever make a rocking horse like yours Derek, it is just stunning. Sam, I know that you also made a rocking horse, but I know my limitations and carving is just beyond me.Thanks for your congrats also on the grandad bit. Chad, I think you are right and I will just crack on and get it finished. I eventually managed to get out to the garage and started. Once I got the smell of fresh sawn wood I knew just why I love woodwork.

Hopefully that's me back in the saddle.

Cheers. Ian

07/08/2013 16:16:12

Hi there folks, I was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem as I have. Just recently I became a Grandad, and that's great! I dropped everything and jumped on a plane as my daughter lives in Cardiff. we have been running back and forth several times and as a resultI have not been near my workshop.I even stopped work halfway through a chess set and cannot seem bothered to finish it. I feel like I need a good kick up the rear to get me going again. Any motivational advice welcome. ( I don't think I'm just lazy as I have plenty to do round the house!)

Thread: burr oak bowl
04/08/2013 12:16:00

Lovely bowl Dennis, I love the figure and you have given it a great finish. I have never turned a burr of any kind but seeing yours would tempt me to give it a go. Well done again.

Ian

Thread: Holiday photos!
23/07/2013 13:07:00

Hi Simon, I must admit I am always gobsmacked at the quality and scale of the work in ancient cathedrals etc. It must have taken agees to do all that carving. I don't imagine that there is anyone about today with the skill and patience to carry out work like that. Amazing, thanks for sharing.

cheers. Ian

Thread: turned pens
22/07/2013 09:14:47

Lovely pens Dennis, really classy looking.

Ian

Thread: Three little angels
18/07/2013 19:10:07

Nice work Derek, they look great. Don't know how the advert banner goes over your pics but they can be seen clearly in your album. Well done

Ian

Thread: Banksia Nuts
18/07/2013 19:02:12

Nice job Cedric, must say I would never have thought of using nuts in this way. Really original idea that works well. Congratulations.

cheers. Ian

Thread: Who Said I'm Early
18/07/2013 18:55:22

Very nice work Derek, you really do seem to have this carving thing licked! Must say you are very well organised. Have you done all the Christmas shopping too! Love the paint work, well done.

cheers. Ian

Thread: Even more Oak!
13/07/2013 10:13:46

Hi Mailee, sorry I must have missed this one. Lovely work as usual.

Cheers. Ian

Thread: Finally some good shots
13/07/2013 10:09:33

Great work Mailee, I really like the cornice at the top of the tall unit. Your client must be pleased. Well done. Cheers. Ian

Thread: Small jobs
06/07/2013 10:12:44

Nice job Derek, they look great. Cheers

Ian

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact