By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Wolfie

Here is a list of all the postings Wolfie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: fading colour
04/04/2012 10:43:21

Hi Neil, can't help you as far as ash is concerned, sorry

Thank you Doug and Andy for your suggestions. I will give them a try sometime and let you know how it went.

cheers. Ian

Thread: chess set
04/04/2012 10:36:10

Hi Andy, I have honestly no idea. I have no idea of just how many hours it took and even if I did I would not know what to charge.

This was made as a present for someone and all I know is how much the wood cost.

cheers. Ian

Thread: Doors and shoe cabinet
01/04/2012 16:28:18

Lovely work Alan you certainly seem to have plenty of work to do. Must be no recession in your neck of the woods!! Well done

Ian

Thread: Narrow Boat
24/03/2012 19:53:45

Hi David, you have done a great job there. 6 years is a long time and you should be so proud of the work you have put into it. Happy boating, well done.

cheers Ian

23/03/2012 20:27:37

seems like there is nothing I can do. The lamp I had was on a small table next to the window and did get some strong daylight. I will have to be more careful as to where I place things in the house. thanks for your replies.

cheers Ian

23/03/2012 20:21:44

hi Alan, thanks for your comments. I have an album which contain closer views of the pieces. Took me a long time but eventually I was happy enough with them. Cheers

Ian

23/03/2012 15:34:50

Hi folks, I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of a product to finish wood to stop the effects of daylight fading the colour.

I made a table lamp some time ago from seppelle and maple. It looked great at first but it now looks as if it is all maple. Any ideas?

Ian

Thread: sycamore table
22/03/2012 16:04:01

Wow!!! thats some piece of sycamore. Beautiful job well done.

Ian

22/03/2012 16:00:54

Thank you all for your kind comments folks.I'm specially grateful to sadsam because if not for his chess set I would not have thought of making one.

I don't think I will ever make another as it took soooooo long I thought I would never complete it.

Thanks again cheers Ian

Thread: andrews table
21/03/2012 16:43:07

Hi Andrew, I really like your table, love contrasting woods well done

Ian

21/03/2012 16:32:31

Hi folks,long time no chat. I remember some time ago I think it was Sam who made a chess set the same as this one and I was really very impressed. It took me ages to make the men and board but luckily Sam mentioned a video on U tube which helped me very much, Cheers

Ian

finished set

Thread: Carving #2
21/03/2012 16:14:54

very nice work Derek, well done you seem to have developed a real skill for carving. congrats.

ian

Thread: Derris rocking horse.
30/11/2011 09:27:21
Hi Derek, have not been on this site for some time now but just the other day I had a look and saw your rocking horse. The last time I looked poor dobbin had a broken leg and was in danger of being put down! I must say that you have done a really stunning job and the end result of all that hard work is a real credit to you. Sorry I am so late with this post please accept my congratulations on a superb project. Well done.

Cheers. Ian. Ps sorry the title is wrong don't know what happened but I can't edit it. Cheers

Edited By Wolfie on 30/11/2011 09:31:02

Thread: Another small job
09/07/2011 20:31:09
great job again Mailee, I'm sure your client will be delighted.

cheers Ian
Thread: inside out
09/07/2011 20:28:35
Really a superb job Paul. I can't even imagine how you went about turning it. well done indeed

cheers Ian
Thread: Boxing time
09/07/2011 20:25:13
great job Paul, well done.
cheers Ian
Thread: Finished at last
09/07/2011 20:22:57

well done Al, a lovely job. Really unusual design. congratulations you should be very proud of yourself.

cheers Ian
Thread: Introduction
16/04/2011 20:09:20
Hi Julie, must say I'm very impressed. both pieces are very well done. Please pass on my congrats.
cheers Ian
Thread: This is my last box ,just finishet
16/04/2011 20:05:09
Hi medims and welcome to the forum. I have looked through your album and must say that you have made some very nice things. you are a very talented woodworker. I love the carving on your latest box. well done.

cheers Ian
Thread: New Turner on the Block!
14/04/2011 11:19:02
Hi Steve, nicely done, I just love the grain and figure of the Laburnum. You have done well with the finish too.
cheers Ian
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Triton
Tool Post
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact