By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Darren Loucaides 1

Here is a list of all the postings Darren Loucaides 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Woodworker Mag
03/10/2011 10:33:47
Good Woodworking competitions are also open to people living in the Republic of Ireland. I'm sorry that those from further afield are ineligible; not much we can do about this.

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking
Thread: Digital Issue Glitch
03/10/2011 10:30:56
Please can you email me on darren.loucaides@myhobbystore.com with your subscription number and details and we'll sort this for you.

Thanks,

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking
Thread: GW Magazine
08/09/2011 15:18:28
There's a chance that it's still winging its way to you, but unlikely - should have arrived by now. Email me and I'll investigate.

Darren
19/08/2011 14:34:18
Hi John,

Drop me a line at darren.loucaides@myhobbystore.com and I'll look into this for you.

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking

Thread: Magazine Index
27/07/2011 12:39:29
Hi Julian,

Would like to post more often, just ever busy with the magazine! Sparky has left a hole, you're right, but it's one we hope to go some way towards filing shortly, and rest assured that we do keep an eye on the forum up here in GW towers.

Darren

Edited By Darren Loucaides 1 on 27/07/2011 12:41:59

25/07/2011 14:50:15
Hi chaps,

There is currently no index for Good Woodworking. The Woodworker publishes an index of the last 12 months every January, but there isn't currently a collected one (for all its 110 years!). It's not that requests have fallen on deaf ears, as Richard puts it, but for both magazines it is a pretty huge task, and actually producing our 13 issues every year is the priority. That's not to say we won't ever get round to it, so do bear with us.

As for the SIP 0192, Good Woodworking has never reviewed it. But if you email our Technical Editor, andy.king@myhobbystore.com and let him know what you're looking to achieve, he can recommend the best product out there for your budget.

All the very best,

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking
Thread: Digital Issues
11/12/2010 17:11:08
Hi Paul,

We've had some problems owing to staff being snowed out of the office for over a week and a technical fault. I'm told that it will be going onto the site promptly next week, hopefully Monday. My sincerest apologies for the delay.

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking
Thread: A Famillier Name
26/10/2010 10:37:32
Hi guys,

I'm afraid we've had to juggle things around a bit and Ralph's article has found a more fitting home in GW235. I hope you'll still enjoy GW234, though, which is a 108-page bumper issue (on sale next week)!

Darren
Thread: Subscription Renewal Offer
13/10/2010 17:52:13
Hi Ray,

I messaged you on the 11th with details of who to contact from the subscriptions department, who assures me they will resolve the problem to the best of their abilities. The message shows as unread; I'm guessing you hadn't spotted that you'd received a message?

Darren
11/10/2010 10:05:08
Hi guys,

I'm looking into this.

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking

Thread: bending perspex ?
29/09/2010 12:59:03
A-ha! You shall have to look out for the Good Woodworking Special Issue, on sale 8th October, for some detail about bending plastics. But don't put perspex in the oven! Marc seems to be along the right lines.

Darren
Thread: Was it better value?
10/09/2010 12:09:58
George,

I'm not sure how 13 issues in a year can be called a con, frankly. Subscribers are getting 13 issues for £36.45, which we see as great value for money (considering that total cost for 13 issues on newstand would be £45.50). Subscribers also get a free gift. You're perfectly entitled to buy the magazine off the newstand and miss out the 13th issue, which is our very popular Special, but it'll work out more expensive over the year. You get an even bigger saving if you pay by direct debit, paying just £7.50 every three months.

To call it a "con" is grossly unfair, because it's nothing of a sort. It's hard work making a magazine every four weeks, and we like to think we're doing it for your benefit!

As for the cost of the magazine, £3.50 is as cheap, if not cheaper, than almost any other 100-page monthly magazine on the newstand that I can think of.

Darren Loucaides

Editor
Good Woodworking
Thread: Coffee Table - Big Mistake!
09/08/2010 16:58:18
I think Ron means Good Woodworking 231 and Andy King's comments, which are on p27 in Maker's Notes.

Darren
04/08/2010 10:21:40
Look out for a version of this discussion in GW231's Maker's Notes section.

Darren
Thread: VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT TO WIN THE UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE
15/03/2010 11:24:38
Hello all,

We're fresh back from Get Woodworking Live - well, as fresh as can be after a busy weekend! - and delighted with how it went. The show isn't over just yet, though. Those of you who attended can't have failed to notice the University Challenge. Six college teams from different corners of the country took part and it was a thrilling race to the finish each day, with two colleges facing off on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Now we want you, our wonderful site members, to decide on the winners. We'll put pictures up of the finished pieces later today, so keep your eyes peeled, and we'll try to dig out a prize for one lucky voter...

Darren
Thread: Lamp table design ?
11/03/2010 13:20:51
Just a quick note to say that this discussion will me included in GW226's Maker's Notes.

Best,

Darren
Thread: Get Woodworking Live floor plan
11/03/2010 10:50:24
Morning all,

Just a quick note to let you know that there have been some alterations to the Get Woodworking Live floor plan since the show guide was published in GW225. Please see this updated floor plan. I''m told there will also be copies of the revised floor plan handed out at the show.

Thanks,

Darren Loucaides

Good Woodworking
Thread: Issue 225
23/02/2010 11:15:23
Hi John,

That sounds very strange. Sorry about that. Email me your postal address at darren.loucaides@myhobbystore.com and I'll put one in the post for you.

Thanks,

Darren
22/02/2010 13:58:49
Afternoon George.

Well-spotted. I'd love to pretend that it's a trick question, but I'm afraid it's a misprint. We'll have to wait and see what readers decide to put on their entries... Watch this space!

Good point about the comp being on the back of the article too - we've had concern over this before, but it was unavoidable this time. Please bear in mind that we accept photocopied coupons too.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the issue.

Darren
Thread: Qtr sawn Oak or Sycamore
17/02/2010 17:32:04
Thought I'd let you know that a version of this debate will be appearing in a new fixture in Good Woodworking issue 225...

Darren 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact