By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for jay 1

Here is a list of all the postings jay 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Derek's Bike rocker
02/03/2009 19:52:42
looks great you must have put a lot of hours in to it so far the tank saddle and wheels must have taken along time
Thread: Please Mister, Which One?
02/03/2009 17:27:35
that depends on what your looking for hand tools or power tools some one on this site is bound to have or has had what your looking for. just post a thread and they will tell you of there experience of the tool you might want to buy that's the best  thing you can do personal experience is usually the best source   
Thread: cherry table
28/02/2009 16:03:27
thanks opj ill try that if it works out ill post a pic
27/02/2009 18:12:14
nearly finished a cherry table small bit of sanding to do looking for a good finish to keep it as natural as possible any tips i was thinking of using sanding sealer but i want to give it some protection as well  
Thread: makita plunge saw
21/02/2009 12:08:45
i agree with you about festool but for many the festool is out of reach price wise for many hobbyist who own small work shops and have spent as much of their budget on a half decent bench saw then going out and buying the festool plunge saw and the mft table is a bit much  i used the makita plunge saw to cut up an 8by4 veneered sheet oak and i have to say it done a good job i was very pleased with it and it cut square as for the guide rail from what i hear you can use festools own plunge saw on it and its a lot cheaper were as it would be nice to own felder panel saw nice mahine have to say but not enough room
20/02/2009 19:42:43
never through of the single cable for all the tools handy in the shop the mft tables are a good thing if you have not got a good bench saw already i heard you need two hands to hold on to the dewalt i know that there is not many tool makers out there that will beat festool they really need to bring there prices down and makita make good tools but only time will tell on their plunge saw
Thread: stable door
20/02/2009 18:34:31
i use to make doors there simple to make draw up your own stile of door use a through tenon with a haunch and don t forget your wedges and bevel cut 
Thread: makita plunge saw
20/02/2009 17:40:16
its the sp6000k baz i used it on solid whit oak good finish went through it not a problem have to say like the tool james the festool is mad money in ireland i bought the domino over here its great have to say but don t think the buget will go that far 
19/02/2009 18:14:30
i used the new makita plunge saw in the work shop the other night not a bad bit of kit its not mine got a lend of it great finish and fairly quiet thinking of getting one has anyone had one for a while and how did they fair 
Thread: plans
14/02/2009 19:29:56
i built my own shed i went 20" on the studs i used 3by2 and go 4by2 for the roof  if your going flat and keep the crown of the timber up so it wont sag  
Thread: dyes
02/02/2009 18:26:30
or if any one could point me to a web site i would be very happy
02/02/2009 18:03:16
 i was looking to by those powder based water dyes any one know wear to by them i live in ireland and you can t get them here so if any one tell me i would be
very happy
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact