By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for jay 1

Here is a list of all the postings jay 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: spindle moulder
12/07/2009 17:14:54
thanks mike good news on to fronts so now its just to get funds up for the power feed
Thread: Hello, newbie here
10/07/2009 23:48:09
a band saw is great bit of kit i have a sip 12 inch it will cut thicker than a bench saw and blades are cheap try and get one as near as one horse power as you can it will nearly do every thing you want rutlands are doing a sale they have a router table i think its adakota i have one there not bad i have it on the wall and some tools you will not want to lift all the time to put them on the bench my morticer you can convert to a pillar drill take  a look at your instructions and if you have not got them go onsome tool sites with the same moticer might be able to tell you if you can convert it
10/07/2009 22:44:46
hello robert what machines have you got saves people if you tell us
Thread: The wonderful Tormek grinder
10/07/2009 20:51:15
hello john ihave the tormek 1206 the same as alan one wood not swop it for the world only complaint i have the stone is very soft i use it for all my carving tools and the house knifes have to say so easy to set up and use i think i have that jig your talking about don t use very much have not done to much carving this year so know need to get it out do all the plane blades and any thing i can get my hands on when i use the grinder
Thread: spindle moulder
10/07/2009 20:35:28
anybody ever drill and fix a power feed to a cast iron top do you need a special drill bit any advice on doing it and do the record cutters fit the axminster universal cutter block for a spindle moulder
Thread: fox spindle moulder
27/06/2009 20:51:52
thanks thomas but place charges an arm and a leg they charge about 25 sterling 40mm knifes and porfiles thats why i buy in from the uk its a lot cheaper even with mail charge if you buy three or four sets at a time 
26/06/2009 22:26:30
anybody have a fox spindle moulder and put a power feed on it and where is the cheapest place to get cutters for axminster universal block and do the record cutters fit the block and do they post to ireland
Thread: fox spindle moulder
07/05/2009 18:53:35
thinking of buying fox moulder anybody have one and how good are they any advice on them would be great its only for hobby use 
Thread: metabo planer thicknesser
01/04/2009 20:42:19
thanks sparky thought i was reading it wrong with the blades 
01/04/2009 16:44:40
can any one tell me where i can buy the a set of hss knifes and conversion kit for metabo hc260c i tried dm tools and axminster one said the blades were disposable and that they were hss cobolt and the other did not sell the kit but they had the blades i want  to get them together because its 15 pounds each for delivery to ireland
Thread: shallac
14/03/2009 20:49:09
just looked at your computer cabinet that's a nice finish on it cedric   
13/03/2009 15:55:10
thanks opj but can any one tell me cut a water based dye i am using colron wood dye i think its very thick and i am not getting an even finish
12/03/2009 17:16:50
i retract the above statement i should have just sealed it then looked at the forum because i have just figured out no matter how many times i try to finish a project at the end of it all i am still sh*t at finishing with dyes i think I have tried every way except spraying anybody know a better way    
12/03/2009 15:30:44
well i am glad i did not go with the first plan done an oak unit with dye i was nearly going to seal it first i am glad i didn't thanks lads always remember that
11/03/2009 17:36:20
can any one tell me if you can put a water based wood dye on after using shallac sanding sealer on first
Thread: Cheap English oak, quarter-sawn
10/03/2009 15:01:58
its great when have a nice find like that i have to say i know what its like i get most of mine for free as well were i work
Thread: matabo 260 planer thicknesser
10/03/2009 14:56:10
i have to say they went a bit over board whit the switches and did you import the copy your self mailee
09/03/2009 18:43:23
thanks opj ill bare that in mind
09/03/2009 14:57:06
i bought the machine i have say got it very cheap brand new x display model opj your right about the power have to turn on the planer first then the extractor dominic not looking forward to the belt drive thing and yes it is a pain removing the table every time you want to thickness because i have a habit of forgetting at least one piece of stock nearly every time but what i want to know is will the motor stand up to the test of a lot of  work and do the disposible blade last long getting some stuff from axminster wondering will i buy couple of sets of blades
06/03/2009 19:12:01
 i have the chance of buying the matabo 260c cheap any one have one and how good are they 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact