By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Older Beginner

Here is a list of all the postings Older Beginner has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chuck Advice
02/10/2012 05:29:03

Thankl you all, I appreciate your letting me know your feelings on this and am happy to know that it is a reasonable if not good option. Especially considering the offer price.

01/10/2012 17:34:34

Does anyone know what the Dakota Precision Scroll Chuck is like? There is one on offer in the Rutlands Catalogue, but I don't want to purchase it until I have heard a few people's opinions so would appreciate hearing from anyone who has some experience of them. Thanks

Thread: copying from one mag to another
21/09/2012 14:51:28

While I tend to agree with Old Timer, I do expect to find that some topics are repeated, but also reworked to take into account later developments etc. There must be a limit somewhere of new topics on the one subject. While I realise that the world of woodworking is a vast area, repition in some instances must surely be unavoidable.

Thread: Staining
13/10/2011 21:12:53
I have just looked at this blog on ebonising oak with Van Dyke Crystals and it looks very similar to the use of potash (potassium permangenate) also known as Condy''s Crystals. I was wondering if these were all the same thing.
Thread: Christmas Complaint
13/10/2011 20:50:28
I'm not sure what you are all talking about. One of our local stores had their Christmas stuff out more than five weeks ago. I nearly threw up on the spot. I think the economic situation is causing so much concern that sellers are getting desparate because they are expecting a slump in already slumped sales and so are trying everything to boost sales. Too bad we have to suffer for it.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact