By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Older Beginner

Here is a list of all the postings Older Beginner has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chuck Advice
02/10/2012 05:29:03

Thankl you all, I appreciate your letting me know your feelings on this and am happy to know that it is a reasonable if not good option. Especially considering the offer price.

01/10/2012 17:34:34

Does anyone know what the Dakota Precision Scroll Chuck is like? There is one on offer in the Rutlands Catalogue, but I don't want to purchase it until I have heard a few people's opinions so would appreciate hearing from anyone who has some experience of them. Thanks

Thread: copying from one mag to another
21/09/2012 14:51:28

While I tend to agree with Old Timer, I do expect to find that some topics are repeated, but also reworked to take into account later developments etc. There must be a limit somewhere of new topics on the one subject. While I realise that the world of woodworking is a vast area, repition in some instances must surely be unavoidable.

Thread: Staining
13/10/2011 21:12:53
I have just looked at this blog on ebonising oak with Van Dyke Crystals and it looks very similar to the use of potash (potassium permangenate) also known as Condy''s Crystals. I was wondering if these were all the same thing.
Thread: Christmas Complaint
13/10/2011 20:50:28
I'm not sure what you are all talking about. One of our local stores had their Christmas stuff out more than five weeks ago. I nearly threw up on the spot. I think the economic situation is causing so much concern that sellers are getting desparate because they are expecting a slump in already slumped sales and so are trying everything to boost sales. Too bad we have to suffer for it.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact