By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joppy

Here is a list of all the postings Joppy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Log Box Finish
18/08/2009 20:26:25
I.m making an oak log box to go in a country (semi)ingle  open fireplace and am not sure what finish to use because of the heat/sparks etc. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thread: Martin's shop (GW211)
16/02/2009 19:33:58
I knew I should have put my glasses on to read the small print.
16/02/2009 15:33:20
Ienjoyed the description and photo's of Martin Aplin's shed in the current GW. Nice to know that it's a flat-pack shed, and see a layout diagram; but I can't find a mention os size anywhere. It looks to be about 8 foot across, but how long is it?
I ask because I use a single garage  that seems to be overcrowded, Perhaps my layout is wrong and this sort of article helps immensly.
Thread: New Site Platform Now Live
28/01/2009 19:49:23
Seem to be getting a lot of chats duplicated. I don't mean just the odd post, but whole batches. Makes the topic look longer and means I have to wade through a load of repeats in case I miss something new.
Thread: Hobbies Design Sheets
20/01/2009 20:12:36
Phil
Many thanks for the link, I found two of the patterns I needed on it. I've been making a list of what I have and so far have about 12 A4 pages. Most are far too out of date now but a lot of the toys and models can be adapted. I'll difinitely not be bored in retiremant.

Again, thanks, you were a great help.

Ian
19/01/2009 19:39:57
Phil,
I can only give you what I have mentioned above. Apart from the coal cabinet, which appears to look like a small cupboard, only the front 'door' drops forwards letting you scopp coal out, the others are small tables of varying simple ornateness.  They just seem ideal for me to get experience in my small garage workshop.

If you'd prefer, we can discuss details direct.

Ian

PS. I did recently spot a link to someone who had a lot of these  (Hobbies) designs online, but I can't find it now I want it. Sod's Law!
17/01/2009 21:10:49
The items I am particularly interested in are:-
1)April 18th, 1931  sheet number 1852 - Mahogany Bedside Table
2)Oct.24th 1931 sheet number 1879 - coal cabinet
3) Nov 7th 1931 sheet number 1881 - Bachelor's Dressing Table.

I allready have sheets for 13 assorted small tables, some of which which I intend to make suitably adapted for todays styles, and would like these to fill in some gaps.

Ian
13/01/2009 18:05:13
I am trying to obtain copies of three Hobbies design sheets for items of furniture, originally published way back in 1931. The net auction sites have failed, book search sites have failed, and Hobbies archives are in storage and innaccessible.
Does anyone still have these designs in their lofts?

I'm prepared to pay costs for copying and postage.

many thanks

Ian
Thread: cutting list calculations
22/12/2008 20:48:00

Thanks you all for the hints, over the next coupe of days I'll get onto them all and see what's what.

Ian

21/12/2008 21:19:00

Perhaps someone here can help? Is there some computer programme that will calculate the total amount of timber in various thicknesses required by a cutting list? I'm getting fed up of working it all out on paper.

Thanks

22/12/2008 20:48:00

Thanks you all for the hints, over the next coupe of days I'll get onto them all and see what's what.

Ian

21/12/2008 21:19:00

Perhaps someone here can help? Is there some computer programme that will calculate the total amount of timber in various thicknesses required by a cutting list? I'm getting fed up of working it all out on paper.

Thanks

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact