By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Josephe Tanenbaum

Here is a list of all the postings Josephe Tanenbaum has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New to woodworking–need advice
12/08/2019 06:33:09
Posted by Diaz Jona on 16/05/2019 06:22:05:

From my point of view there are 6 things that I think are essential to know for how to start woodworking

1) you have to setup simple woodwork space.

2) Learn How to Read a Tape Measure.

3) Understanding Actual vs. Nominal Sizes in Lumber

4) Always use straight wood boards.

5) Basic tool you can use in your woodworking space.

6) Sand you wood

Just keep in mind these point You may just fall in love with woodworking and become hooked like me smiley

check my woodworking space

Finalscope

Like your workshop! I would add a drill press, I' bought the greatest drill press ever a few yeart ago- Shop Fox 1668 - works brilliantly- perfect for heavy duty!! I foun it here and read all the **LINK**

Consider it!

And pls send a picture of what you alredy have)

Thread: Benchtop belt/disc sanders. Thoughts?
09/08/2019 04:54:51

I would not reccomend Wen sanders, my neighbour had many issues with it and then he just bought a new one, so think twice

I had porter cable DA sander and it works gret, cinsider this seller - good quality

09/08/2019 04:54:49

I would not reccomend Wen sanders, my neighbour had many issues with it and then he just bought a new one, so think twice

I had porter cable DA sander and it works gret, cinsider this seller - good quality

Thread: Power and heating
09/08/2019 04:51:14
Posted by John Wills 1 on 20/02/2019 11:17:16:

Hi, while having an extension built I'm getting the builder to put up a 3.4m x 2.85m internal dimensions, thermalite, block wall workshop. The biggest I can fit in the garden. I want to take my low skill DIY woodworking to a higher level (to make guitars initially) and the workshop is the start. I'll probably want to take on other interesting projects for the house. One I've already thought of is a bespoke double door frame so will need to consider other power tools.

I've got guitar making books which cover the tools required but can someone give me an idea of a "sensible" figure for power requirement so that I can tell the builder what I need so he'll instruct his electrician. A bit of spare capacity would seem sensible.

Am I looking at a sub CB board?

Also suggestions for heating?

I hate the idea of electric heating because of the expense, but to get gas to the building 30m away from the house? Gas bottles an option? Solar panels?

Any advice for this novice.

I've also messaged regarding this subject to a couple of private messages in my inbox so thanks to Colin & Paul.

Regards,

John

Electric baseboard heater works fine in my small garage, and not so costly

Thread: Workshop heating and humidity
09/08/2019 04:48:52

Hi, I had an electric baseboard heater in my small garage, it not costly and it's warm enough in winter.

Consider this option.

Thread: Removing rust from hand tools
08/08/2019 12:02:24
Posted by Bill Wheeler on 24/12/2018 12:21:36:

Hello All. I need to remove rust from several tools (yes, my workshop lets in draught, but that's another task). I've looked at a solution called Evapo-Rust - 5L, £40.00. Does any one have any alternative methods of removing / eliminating rust from metal hand tools? Many thanks.

Try Cola, it workswink

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact