By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Zoe Potter

Here is a list of all the postings Zoe Potter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Workbench
23/05/2019 12:16:15

A workbench is next on my list of things to make once I finish off a few DIY jobs.

Thanks for the tip Brian. I never thought to use a kitchen worktop and they are so cheap on ebay.

Thread: How do I reinforce a partition wall so I can connect to it.
16/05/2019 15:21:20

Ah good point, Aerotight nuts it is!

I didn't realise that Accu sold so many different fasteners. I bought a ProKit from them at the weekend at the Makers Central show. If I'd of known they sold locking nuts, I could have asked them at the show! haha

16/05/2019 14:46:11

Ah thanks Harry. I was wondering what the difference was between those too.

I saw an interesting junker test video that compared various washers and nuts. The nylon insert nut performed the best, followed by the double nut, but Aerotight nuts weren't in the video.

I'm hoping to get parts ordered this week, so I can install it during the bank holiday.

Thread: Early Christmas boxes
15/05/2019 17:23:41

These look great. I went to the Makers Central Exhibition this weekend and I bought a ProKit from Accu. There were loads of incredible woodworkers there like Sean Evelegh, he has made some gorgeous jewellery boxes for Christmas gifts.

Thread: How do I reinforce a partition wall so I can connect to it.
18/04/2019 10:43:03

I've found the studs and I'd like to drill all the way through them. I'm thinking of securing the brackets with plates and nuts. I had a barre in a previous studio that worked loose because students kept pulling on it. I don't want this to happen again so I was even thinking of using aerotight nuts or nylon locking nuts or castle nuts. What do you think?

10/04/2019 12:31:11

I am installing a ballet barre (like a handrail) to a partition wall. Behind the wall is a cupboard so it doesn't need to look neat on that side.

The barre will be leaned on, so I need to make it as strong as possible. I'm going to reinforce the back of the wall with plates. The idea is that the brackets at the front of the wall, connect into the plates at the back of the wall.

I am hoping that someone has experience of working with partition walls and can advise how I should attach it.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact