By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alan Robinson 3

Here is a list of all the postings Alan Robinson 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Acacia wood beams
01/06/2019 11:34:42

Well I have got the beams, but no one seems to be able to advice me on what to do next, not what I expected.

02/05/2019 11:47:55

Got the chance of some solid Acacia wood, its for indoors and will come direct from the sawmill, was thinking of a light sanding and then what? Wax, Stain, Varnish, they will be two uprights and a 3.7mt cross piece, as an entrance, so people will may brush against them, Thankyou.

Thread: Removing rust from hand tools
02/05/2019 11:41:05
Posted by Elizabeth Brown 3 on 29/04/2019 17:14:01:

hey alan,

Which spray did you use to protect the tools?

Just a bit of WD40, sprayed on then a gentle wipe off with kitchen roll, obviously when useing them you get your hands dirty but I didnt find them slippy. On the cast iron which was a French bread oven door, I coated it with a black paste and buffed it up, sorry dont know what you would call it in the Uk.

29/01/2019 08:36:18

Hello although a new member, may I suggest soaking them in red wine vinegar, have done this very successfully with some badly rusted tools and on cast iron as well. Soak for as long as possible, a few days at least, then a light wire brush, I used a brass one, then a bit of spray to protect.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact