By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nancy Brown 1

Here is a list of all the postings Nancy Brown 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Benchtop belt/disc sanders. Thoughts?
11/09/2018 07:01:22

Hi,

I've been considering one of these combination belt/disc sanders. I have a ROS and thought this would be a reasonable addition. Does anyone have something like these and what do you think?

**LINK**

And

Sanding disc and sanding belt in one machine

The accura and wilton look like the same machine, except for the $100 price difference.

Edited By Nancy Brown 1 on 11/09/2018 07:02:29

Edited By Nancy Brown 1 on 11/09/2018 07:04:04

Thread: Looking for a high quality hammer drill
04/06/2018 07:55:00

For the price **This** drill is reasonable quality. I found the mains lead length a bit too short for my use so had to use an extension lead but that allowed me to use an Rcd for a bit of extra protection. For around the workshop ( shed ) and house it is plenty powerful and only half of the weight of my 30 year old well used ( worn out ) Black & Decker. But I don't think it will still be around in 30 years !!

Edited By Nancy Brown 1 on 04/06/2018 07:55:24

Thread: Disk/belt sander safety rules
24/04/2018 06:17:34

Before working the belt/disc sander you are required to know every one of the following rules relating to working and using the belt/disc sander securely. You should pass the belt/disc sander well-being test before using the belt/disc sander.

Rules for the Belt and/or Disc Sander

• ENSURE SELF SAFETY
  • PREPARE THE WOOD PROPERLY
  • MASTER THE ART OF SANDING
  • USE THE MACHINE TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL
  • AVOID DAMAGING THE MACHINE
  • REDUCE POLLUTION
  • AVOID DAMAGING THE WORKING OBJECT
  • SAVE POWER
  • ENSURE THE RIGHT USE OF ACCESSORIES
  • MAKE THE BEST USE OF TIME

More details about the point read the article.

Edited By Nancy Brown 1 on 24/04/2018 06:20:23

Thread: Orbit or Belt Sander Which One?
14/04/2018 06:25:23

It depends which purpose you want to use. When smoothing large, flat surfaces, especially really rough ones, nothing beats the high speed and brute strength of a belt sander.

A random Orbit sander is the best for finishing.

Thread: Removing self adhesive glue from disk sander
07/04/2018 07:19:35

Use a heat gun. You can easily remove glue from a disk sander.

Thread: Drill Press advice Please
19/03/2018 04:51:07
Posted by Derek Lane on 25/10/2011 19:59:13:
If I was in the market I would go with the Jet machine espesialy if it comes from Axminster tools as I have heard they are good with customer back up. Which goes a long way.

You are right Derek

Thread: Bench Drill Press
05/03/2018 06:10:14
Posted by Derek Lane on 13/06/2017 11:28:03:

That's OK yes still making shavings I have added some recent work to my albums. This drill press allows for a deeper throat, but comes at a small price

you are right the drill press is very reasonable then other drill press. Thanks for sharing the link.

Thread: Happy New Year All
05/03/2018 06:02:44

This year is very special for me.

Bye the way happy new year to my all friends.

Thread: Some more of my tools now in my collection
28/02/2018 04:58:04

It looks like very old. But good collection. I really love the tools.

Thread: image uploading
10/02/2018 03:57:34

Dear Dave,

This problem faces everyone when they want to upload a photo to this forum. you can't upload a photo from the gallery. Because there have no option to add a photo from your own gallery. So take image Url from the website and add Url. 

Edited By Nancy Brown 1 on 10/02/2018 04:02:24

Thread: SIP Disc/Belt Sander 01926
01/02/2018 10:51:52

POWERTEC BD4800 Woodworking Belt Disc Sander.

This is reasonably well made but has two flaws only one of which is easily fixed first the rest on the disk sander is rather unsteady. If you add an additional bolt to the mounting plate it's much better. The other issue is the speed. It runs very fast and can burn the wood if you get too aggressive. The speed is required to get enough suction on the dust collector. All in all, after fixing the rest mount this is a good product for the money.

Thread: Which disc sander?
23/01/2018 12:20:39

I would like to request you to buy Makita 3710 disc sander. The sander is a powerful device used to smooth surfaces from scratch with sandpaper. This sander gives you smoother finishes and can operate at 11,000 RPM which is another factor we suggest you look at in this Makita 3710 review. The BO3710 is usually a good sander along with its stunning price. It is powerful, noiseless, low vibrations and the dust collection is better than other sanders on the market. I think it helps you.

Thread: Disc sanding plate
16/01/2018 10:33:49

Good job Paul. Actually, I don’t have a lot of ideas. You can easily find out the aluminum plate from Amazon. On the other hand, you can search at the local marketplace. I hope this information helps you.

Thread: Bench Belt/Disc sanders
10/12/2017 05:34:59

I do woodworking in my small shop, and this little sander is good for small projects. I had a problem with the belt slipping under a load, and it took awhile to figure out what the problem was. The Cog Belt (what turns the rollers) was so loose that it had started to tear the teeth off the belt. Once I replaced the belt, I've had no more problems. You can get the belt on Amazon cheap. It is a Gates 150XL037. The table for the disc sander is not that great, but you could make one as another reviewer did. It has plenty of power. The dust collection is actually pretty good. I hook my 4" hose with an adapter to it, and it works great. I'm sure there's better ones out there, but for the price I am happy with this purchase.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact