By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Kevin Higgins 1

Here is a list of all the postings Kevin Higgins 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Scheppach TS4010 Panel Saw
07/06/2020 18:23:39

Hi ,

The capacitor has blown on my sheppach panel saw so while I have the panels etc off before i fit the new one , I'm thinking of giving it a good cleaning and overhaul . I want to grease the chains and the rise and fall mechanism but wonder what is best to use . I dont want to use an oil that dust will stick to and clog it up , Any suggestions ? thanks .

Thread: Table saw / extensions / sliding beams .
24/11/2017 09:39:46

Hi again , This is my current saw and set up scheppach.jpeg

24/11/2017 09:39:19

Hi Derek , thanks , I suppose I should explain , The tables side and outfeed are ok but it's the sliding table thats a bit small , it's only about 16"square so if I've an 8'x2' panel on it , it van be hard to manoeuver even with roller stands supporting the far end . I'd like to get something like the photo below (charnwood) but am wondering if anyone has made their own version of it or knows if the can be bought for a reasonable cost ?w660_new_aug_16 saw.jpg

23/11/2017 11:08:09

Hi Guys ,

I've owned a scheppach ts4010 panel saw for a long time now but am getting weary of the table size on it , especially when I'm cutting long panels . I use roller supports at the moment but am thinking of changing the set up . Looking at newer model saws , they have larger tables and the sliding beam to support the table allowing easier handling and moving of panels etc . Has anyone out there made a sliding beam and retro fitted it to their saw ? Can a beam be bought and retro fitted to an older saw ? I'd be interested to hear other peoples ideas . My budget won't stretch to a new machine so retro fit is really my own option at the moment , any ideas would be appreciated .

Kevin

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact