By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for lucy ajones

Here is a list of all the postings lucy ajones has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Record Power BS9 or BS250?
06/12/2017 05:20:01

product arrived slightly damaged, the bottom door was warped and not on the machine, when I replaced it the machine would not work because of the warp in the door, i managed to gently twist the door into a position so that the cut off switch was engaged, the blade strangely was also broken! I thought not to send the machine back just because of this as I usually use a different size blade, machine works well with new blade so breakage must remain a mystery, packaging did not show any sign of damage

Thread: Table saw / extensions / sliding beams .
05/12/2017 05:38:30
Take the guesswork out of making square cuts on large panels with this must-have table saw add-on.
Sliding tables are usually found on large, industrial table saws used for panel-cutting. And there's a good reason for that. A sliding table guarantees precision cuts, particularly on wide panels. With the sliding table shown here, you can upgrade your ordinary table saw to make square crosscuts every time. The table replaces a wing on your saw's table. You may have to shorten or move the fence rails, but this modification is worth it. The sliding table has the capacity to crosscut a 30"-wide panel with ease. The fence automatically registers square to the blade when installed and can be easily removed. This fence also features a side support to help when crosscutting long stock. If you've been looking to improve the accuracy and capacity of your table saw, this sliding table is the perfect project.
What you get:
9 pages of step-by-step instructions
30 full-color illustrations, photos, and exploded views
Includes two-page plan for an outrigger support
Cutting Diagram. Materials list
Retail sources for project supplies

Edited By lucy ajones on 05/12/2017 05:39:08

Thread: Bench Drill Press
18/11/2017 04:59:44

This is far from the last press you'll need, but it will give you a general idea of what to look for when you decide to buy a real one. The bit holder doesn't fit as illustrated in the thumbnail and almost every part is made of plastic, which is a bad combination for anything that tips over this evening. This hasn't happened to me, but it does require extra clamping to keep stable. A heavier baseplate would have alleviated this.

Thread: Black and Decker Band saw
29/10/2017 04:52:00

I like this product and it's cut everything I actually have tried from plastic to wood and atomic number 13. there's a wobble once the unit is up to hurry virtually like one among the wheels is out of balance. I actually have not been ready to puzzle out associate degree adjustment that affects the wobble. The wobble does not have an effect on cutting performance, however, will create the ground wobble. It conjointly looks louder than some similar saws I actually have utilized in the past.

I have had one or two of band saws within the past wherever you may ne'er regulate the alignment in order that they did not slip their blade at intervals regarding quarter-hour. This unit has not had that downside and has been used for a minimum of twenty hours of cutting.

Thread: Bench Belt/Disc sanders
23/10/2017 05:59:01

welcome to the forum.

Remember this whole and this model once you would like a reliable, versatile and overall sturdy tool. The sebaceous cyst 6502 is one among the most effective disc sanders once you wish to realize a sleek end and complete sanding quickly and simply. it's acceptable for several totally different sanding and sprucing comes. operating with this one are a breeze as a result of it's light-weight (considering all the components, the fabric it’s product of still because the functions it has). It’s equipped with a sturdy and robust four.3-Amp 1/2 HP motor, which is able to give a comfortable quantity of power to complete even larger many works. It comes with the choice to alter between totally different modes of labor and grits of sandpaper, that may be a real time saver. The disc encompasses a diameter of vi inches, that is a wonderful choice once it involves desperate to sand or polish massive surfaces. together with the disc power tool itself, this one comes with a miter gauge that may change you to faithfully and exactly sand on angulate surfaces. The manufacturer has supplementary a stop bar for added user safety. there's a pair of.25-inch mud port that may change you to attach this disc power tool to a mud collector. Steady sanding on angulate edges, a stop bar for safety and management, and a 2.25 in. mud port to attach a mud extractor build this tool a good alternative. Grab this if you wish to avoid wasting some cash as opposition our 1st alternative and needed a stationary choice.

Thread: Marking Gauge
22/10/2017 05:06:46

A marking gauge, conjointly referred to as a scratch gauge, is employed in carpentry and formation to mark off lines for cutting or different operations.The purpose of the gauge is to scribe a line parallel to a reference edge or surface. it's utilized in joinery and sheet operations.
The gauge consists of a beam, a support, and ascribing or marking implement, generally a pin, knife, pen or wheel. The support slides on the beam and is barred in situ by numerous means: a lockup screw, cam lever, or a wedge. The marking implement is mounted to 1 finish of the beam.

Types

The marking implement is chosen to rely upon the operation to be performed. Some marking gauges have the aptitude to permit a variety of implements to be fitted, others don't, and a journeyman can typically have a variety of various varieties. A steel pin is employed once scribing with the grain. A steel knife is employed once scribing across the grain. The pen or pencil is employed once the journeyman doesn't would like the surface to be marred. usually speaking, the pin and knife yield a lot of correct marking than do the pen or pencil. it's conjointly wont to mark parallel lines to the face facet and edge facet.

Variations

The style of the gauge that uses a knife rather than a pin is usually delineated as a cutting gauge. different variations embrace a panel gauge that contains a longer beam and bigger support for scribing lines that area unit afar from the reference edge. A mortise gauge has 2 pins which will be adjusted relative to every different at the top of the beam. This gauge is employed to scribe 2 lines at the same time and is most typically wont to lay out mortise and projection joinery.

Thread: Acorn Smoothing Plane
19/10/2017 04:50:48

I recall Acorn apparatuses being discounted in the 1960s they were presumed to be of a somewhat bring down quality than the enormous names yet with no undeniable real distinction in appearance. The value sounds great and the pics demonstrate a device which should tidy up pleasantly. A decent trinket of your vacation.

Thanks

Thread: Rocking horse
18/10/2017 04:29:53

Absolutely Awesome, it's the great design.very nice designyes

Thanksheart

Thread: The Bury St Edmunds Woodturning Club's new lathe
17/10/2017 05:14:01

Hey Ron

Thanks for good article.its very helpful for us.its very great for advice

This is fantastic mate,

well doneheart

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact