By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for gerald meager 1

Here is a list of all the postings gerald meager 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wedding present
07/11/2017 17:50:29

Looks a lovely piece some young lady isa very lucky girl well done you

Thread: wanted
04/11/2017 23:20:17

wanted a planer thicknesser for guys In The Yeovil Mens shedmust be in working order 240volt single phase please at a reasonable price

Thread: painted hollow fortm
07/08/2017 04:54:24

Lovely turning Derek especially the finial I'm a bit of a purist and not into colouring wood I recently saw this technique demonstrated by mick Hanbury and it does look effective if thats what your into nice job well done yours ged

Thread: brass fixtures
06/08/2017 17:41:02

Hi Derek thanks for your message spot on what I need thanks again yours Ged

05/08/2017 15:37:51

Do any of you guys and lady's know of a company where I can purchase brass corners and handles etc As I've just been given a repro campaign chest that's seen better days but has lost all its brass every time I type in brass fittings into my search engine all I get is plumbers fittings I don't think they would look right some how so If some one could point me in the right direction I'd be much appreciated. Ged Meager

Thread: barometer
29/05/2017 03:14:05

Yandles sell barometer inserts

Thread: A Plane Bowl
29/05/2017 03:10:03

Lovely piece of work Derek beautiful grain

Thread: Cherry waney edge table
15/04/2017 08:44:28

I think Nathans reply is sound. MDF veneered board down the middle would make the pebble section more stable than the solid wooden parts That said if the veneers are not equal on the board it could still move slightly I'm afraid your outer pieces will move but it can be lessened if you store your boards in the room where they will end up once the table is made so they can acclimatise therefore lessening any further movement. Good luck post some pics when finished would love to see it. Ged Meager

Thread: Rocking horse
15/04/2017 08:37:03

I wish I was little again and could have one I think its great!!! Well made Sam. When I was a little boy many many moons ago I remember my mum taking me to the main co-op in town to buy shoes and they had a R Horse in the shoe dept. which we played on until time to get measured and served.Oh where have

those innocent days gone?

Thread: Lidded bowl
09/04/2017 03:54:49

Looks good to me,woods work well together,Ged Meager

Thread: yew hollow form.
08/04/2017 22:48:32

Dennis if you can afford it sometime go and do a days course with mark he's a great guy You'll really enjoy it and learn loads. I was at Yandles show today and watching Mark demonstrate and answer questions all day long Yew is my fav. wood but can be a bugger at times. Happy turnings yours Ged

Thread: spalted beech hollow form.
08/04/2017 22:42:29

I did a one day course with Mark last year, In my humble opinion he is the absolute master of the hollow form he's a smashing guy and a great teacher Nothing is to much trouble he know his subject inside out and like all people who are really good at what they do. he makes it all look so easy and knows how to put it over. I would recommend his one day course to anybody who wants to learn this popular technique.Ged Meager

Thread: yew hollow form.
08/04/2017 22:31:13
Posted by gerald meager 1 on 08/04/2017 20:31:45:

I think this form looks great to I've been watching probably the best in the business hollow former Mark Sanger he's brilliant at these and think he would havepraised this to the hilt hope the checks don't open anymore but think you've donea fab job. Ged Meager

08/04/2017 20:31:45

I think this form looks great to I've been watching probably the best in the business hollow former Mark Sanger he's brilliant at these and think he would havepraised this to the hilt hope the checks don't open anymore but think you've donea fab job. Ged Meager

Thread: Dangerous practice
08/04/2017 17:05:13

OK

08/04/2017 17:04:55

Has anybody else noticed the picture on bottom left page 15, of this months Good wood Magazine looks like Andy King using the saw. As a medic back in the 80's&90's one day in casualty in comes a young man asking if somebody could help him he then opened one of his hands to reveal 4 fingers laying neatly in the palm of said hand. He was a time served carpenter and joiner who had been trimming the bottom of a door one hand infront of saw!!!!! one hand on the saw Hit an unseen nail the saw jumped in the click of your fingers 4 fingers gone! we did manage to replace them but they never worked properly again. Hand held saws have two handles for a very good reason USE THEM!!!!!!!!! and don't cut towards a free hand under any circumstances. I did write to the editor of the mag and received very gracious reply and apology for publishing the picture which I thought very nice and hope my little true tale will stop some other person loosing their digits. Ged Meager

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact