By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin

Here is a list of all the postings Martin has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Axminster Planer Thicknesser - AWEPT106 - Bristol
13/08/2019 18:19:26

Very good condition, with manual and recent new blades (plus old blades as spares), well cared for.

10" cut and 6" thicknessing capacity. Base contains useful cupboard for storage.
Great machine - only selling due to upgrade to 12” machine.

£375

Thread: Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser
31/07/2019 23:03:03

I recently purchased an Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser. It was very cheap, primarily (I thought) because it had been pretty badly treated, left to corrode in a humid barn for years. Turns out the seller knew exactly what he was doing, and "to be honest we've never used it as a planer" actually meant "the indeed table mechanism is broken, and some halfwit has taken it apart without a clue what they were doing..."

Anyway, the upshot is that a couple of crucial parts of the indeed rise/fall mechanism are broken, plus I'm working blind as I don't know for certain how it looked when new.

Does anyone have (a) a manual for the Emco Rex B30 or, (b) any spares or, (c) a B30 rotting in their garden that I could harvest for parts?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thread: Carpenter's Workshop clearance in Bideford this Saturday 2nd December
27/11/2017 18:03:21

Thanks Derek - that was kind of you. Much appreciated.

27/11/2017 16:04:13

Apologies - clearly that should be 'died', not 'dies'. Fists of ham and fingers of butter....

27/11/2017 10:14:03

WORKSHOP CLEARANCE BIDEFORD EX39 3AX

SATURDAY 2nd DECEMBER 11am - 3pm

My Uncle died last year, and now my Aunt wants to clear out his workshop, so I've offered to help. It's in Bideford and I am in Bristol, so I'm afraid the extent to which I can answer question is somewhat limited, but you can view some pictures here:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-hand-tools/workshop-clearance-garage-sale-bandsaw-plane-square-chisels-screws-wood-timber-saw-etc/1277261728

Edited By Derek Lane on 27/11/2017 18:00:13

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact