By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David A. Moody

Here is a list of all the postings David A. Moody has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Table Saw Blade Question
18/10/2016 13:14:22

In that case then may I suggest something like in the picture below. Build a work table around your existing table saw, in this was you can keep the original top, if it is worth keeping, but at the same time it could be 'fused' into the table around it which would give the added benefit of increasing your working space. You don't need to build a bench this big, but I think you can see where I am going with this.

18/10/2016 03:24:13

Hello Neil, I don't really know specifics, but just based on a general understanding of motors I would think that a larger diameter blade would increase the loading on the motor, which may or may not be able to cope depending on its specifications. I would suggest that you check the specs of the motor and compare them with other table saws that have the larger diameter blade you desire. If your motor is less powerful, for example, then it is probably not a good idea to increase the blade size.

Thread: Double Spring Pole Lathe [Part 2]
15/10/2016 07:48:22

Here's part 2 of my project build: **LINK**

Thread: Ferguson TEA20 Tractor
15/10/2016 07:04:40

I'm thinking about 30cm long perhaps, whatever scale that works out to be close to that. do you have a website or blog that I can have a look at?

Thread: Start of Christmas presentshi
15/10/2016 02:57:37

Very creative, well done!

Thread: 1:15 scale wooden model Aussie Big Rig,- complete with working lights !
15/10/2016 02:54:30

Stunning models, well done!

Thread: Wow!
14/10/2016 14:06:19

Roger, I love your models. I'm stunned by the quality of the builds, and their beauty, especially in the dark with their lights on, if you didn't know what you were looking at you could be fooled into thinking those 'night' shots were of real trucks! From one Aussie to another, keep it up!

Edited By David A. Moody on 14/10/2016 14:08:00

14/10/2016 11:42:00

The top shelf of my desk is full of toy tractors, and there's and American tractors calendar next to it, but alas, no grey Fergie yet!

img_0818.jpg

Thread: Stratocaster Electric Guitar
14/10/2016 11:26:55

You can't paste into it, you need to click on the image icon, the one to the left of the camera icon, to display an image that is already posted online, as I have done on my Ferguson TEA20 Tractor post. If you want to upload an image you have to create a photo gallery and then use the camera icon to display that gallery in your post. Hope that helps.

Edited By David A. Moody on 14/10/2016 11:35:07

Thread: Double Spring Pole Lathe
14/10/2016 10:30:19

Hello everyone, I've started building Roy Underhill's Double Spring Pole Lathe: **LINK**

Has anyone else built one, or something like it? I sure would like to catch with you and learn how you got on with it.

thanks,

David.

14/10/2016 03:22:51

I wish I could Derek, but there's nothing like that here in Thailand lol. I'll just have to scour the internet for good photos.

13/10/2016 16:26:23

Ok, thanks, I thought that might be the case. I guess I have to practice my drawing skills lol

Thread: Selecta Home Workshop (circa 1950s)
13/10/2016 06:57:31

I have a drill much like that, not sure of the brand off the top of my head, but whatever it is it has a small circular saw attachment. Last time I tried it the drill failed to operate.

13/10/2016 06:55:10

Hello,

Has anyone built a TEA20 tractor out of wood? I've seen lots of trucks, cars, and suchlike, but not many tractors, especially specific models. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding plans for one?

I learned to drive one when I was a kid, and would love to make a model of one.

Thanks,

David.

Thread: Walnut Bowl
18/09/2016 14:29:35

Very nice work, well done.

Thread: Projector Stand
18/09/2016 13:38:13

This was a challenging project. It is the first time I've designed something for someone other than myself, and for it to be used safely in a classroom inhabit by young kids I wanted to be sure it wouldn't easily topple.

Click on the photo to read the full story.

Edited By David Moody on 18/09/2016 13:39:06

Edited By David Moody on 18/09/2016 13:46:56

Thread: How to power drum sander with electric drill
28/08/2016 02:14:31

Hello, I've sorted the problem myself, just needed a more solid mounting that is adjustable and fitted with a pipe clamp to clamp onto the drill where there would normally be a handle. You can see the finished result here, including a video: http://woodworking.david-moody.info/drum-sander-drill-powered/

08/08/2016 03:38:37

I apologise to the spelling mistake in the title, the first word should be 'how'

(Hi David, That's sorted for you. Robin thumbs up

Edited By Robin Buckland 3 on 09/08/2016 13:43:55

29/07/2016 05:56:16

hello,

My dad gave me his old drum sander, minus table, recently. I've built a new table for it, but I need to power it. I have little space, certainly no space for a permanent workshop, so everything that I'm making has to be portable and storable in a small storeroom. I've decided to follow the example of other people in similar situations to my own and power the sander with an electric drill that I have spare. The drum is mounted vertically, the belt pulley is at the top, so I've made a wooden pulley for the drill by clamping the drill to my table and using it like a mini lathe. The drill needs to be clamped vertically to the back of the drum sander. Has anyone done anything like this before? I would greatly appreciate suggestions for firmly mounting the drill. Thanks. David.

Thread: DIY Mallet
29/07/2016 04:59:58

Hello everyone, I thought for my first post on this forum I'd share my first homemade tool, a wooden mallet: http://woodworking.david-moody.info/wooden-mallet/

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact