By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David A. Moody

Here is a list of all the postings David A. Moody has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Radiator cover
21/12/2016 01:43:00

I love it, very creative!

Thread: Time for a Sketch!
19/12/2016 11:41:03

I based this sketch on the avatar I use for my woodworking blog: http://woodworking.david-moody.info On instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BOMmC0jDlW8/

Sketch

Thread: Watch the birdy
19/12/2016 09:47:33

very nice!

Thread: Antikythera Mechanism!?!
19/12/2016 09:46:28

Hello Dave, from another Dave! I am familiar with this device, one of my interests is ancient history, especially regarding technological development. What you are creating here is incredible. Considering you've only got x-ray scans and so forth of the original to work with (as far as I know!) I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the machine working when it is finished!

Thread: Guitar repair...
07/12/2016 04:20:53

Wow, thanks. My wife has broken her guitar in a similar way and I've been wanting to fix it, but never been sure how. Thanks for the tips!

Thread: A new desk, an Advent Calendar, and a garden fence!
07/12/2016 01:12:02

Thanks, yes, it certainly has been fun! No, I haven't finished the lathe, I've had to set it aside for the moment to sort out my desk problem, as you've seen, and to get ready for Christmas. However, I will be enjoying a 3 week break shortly for Christmas, and I intend to enjoy it! I have one more Christmas project I want to build for my wife, and then I'll be back onto the lathe.

05/12/2016 09:08:23

I'm not got to fill the forum with separate threads when only one will do!

Aussie Back Shed Style Desk

Advent Calendar Tree

Garden Fence

Thread: Small Vase
01/12/2016 03:28:43

Wow, that's beautiful. You should advertise this in Australia, there are many Aussie I believe, like me, who would like to bring out one of these on ANZAC Day. Would you consider making more?

Thread: Woodworking Follies - Ep1 - The Case of the Broken Tab!
07/11/2016 03:14:35

I created this video for this weeks activity for the course I am studying at university. It's been on my bucket list for years to make a silent film, and this activity gave me good opportunity!

05/11/2016 10:25:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1EltMkjhI

**LINK**

Thread: Double Spring Pole Lathe [Part 3]
28/10/2016 05:52:54

I can't wait to find out too!

27/10/2016 14:45:01

My lathe project is moving along nicely

http://woodworking.david-moody.info/582-2/

Thread: GW v TW
27/10/2016 02:10:26

I't s a touch choice, I'm tempted to subscribe to both, I already get G.W., and an Aussie magazine.

Thread: yew pedistal bowl.
27/10/2016 02:09:02

Very beautiful, well done.

Thread: Burr bowl
24/10/2016 13:09:11

looks fantastic!

Thread: Confessions of a jobbing joiner
24/10/2016 06:56:21

Hello Martin, it is complex for sure, structurally it comes across as a bit of patchworking, but on the other hand it does make best use of available space, and the exterior quandrant does have a decorative element to it. I guess in the end it is something that you work out to best suit your needs and the situation at hand.

Thread: Driftwood find
23/10/2016 13:22:56

Agreed, it's all out in the open at the moment. All I've done is hose it off, gonna have to give it a proper clean later. some pieces are full of big heavy nails, thoroughly rusted into the wood, so may make it difficult to work with, but will certainly be an enjoyable challenge!

23/10/2016 10:38:23

Hoping to make a sidetable for our front door with some of this. Any other ideas?

photo 22-10-16, 12 36 59 pm.jpg

Thread: Confessions of a jobbing joiner
21/10/2016 03:15:33

Hello Martin, if you look at the detail shots of the shelving you will notice that they have runners around the bottom edges where they hit the back and sides. I cannot say for sure, but it would be my guess that these runners would also serve as internal 'strengtheners' for the side extensions that concern you. Notice mainly though the picture in Step 7, there appears to be a hefty length of quadrant running down the sides from top to bottom, this quadrant if securely screwed in both directions would I imagine provide considerable support for the extensions. There also appears to be internal skirting around the bottom. I think all these factors combine to provide the necessary support. I hope this answers your question.

Thread: Table Saw Blade Question
19/10/2016 04:02:37

Derek, that is a very good point about the riving knife and blade guard.

Neil. If the table top is as bad as you say is there any possibility of taking it to a local engineering company and having them cut a piece of flat steal plate to replace the top. If you can do that then your new top can replace the original, and who knows, it may even be thinner than the original (I'm assuming that it is made of cast alloy or suchlike).

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact