By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Max Hill

Here is a list of all the postings Max Hill has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: bandsaw advice
28/02/2015 10:19:31

Oh yeah no I've been very busy!

some of my first bandsaw projects can be seen on my blog here

https://bushcraftb.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/first-few-bandsaw-projects/

here are some of the things I made for the saw as (considering i found it on the street) it was rather lacking in accesories. The sort of thing i made include a crosscut sled like you would find on a table saw or a normal fence

https://bushcraftb.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/191/

26/02/2015 21:37:31

yeah

they are relatively simple in design with not tonnes of moving parts to break

the dw100 is running nicely so far!!

22/02/2015 19:36:26

sounds like a good idea

i found the saw on my way to school, it was actually at the time raining,as it usually is in london around February, luckily the electronics are all stored in a relatively tightly sealed compartment and all was well!!

thanks for the help

max

22/02/2015 15:04:32

Hiya

firstly, hi, my names max and am a newbie to the community

secondly, i have a question for the more experienced bandsaw owners out there. i recently restored and old Dewalt DW100 that i found in the street. with a now working bandsaw i have begun more ambitious projects and come off very well. However i must admit, given that the saw is almost 15 years old i believe it will not last long and therefore i am planning in advance as the to bandsaw which i intend to purchase next. I was wondering what the forums advice was on such a saw. i believe that i would be best off with a 14-16 inch throat (not sure if thats the right word) and am willing to spend up to £350.(540 dollars)

Any advice?

thanks

max

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact