By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mr.Fixit

Here is a list of all the postings Mr.Fixit has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Something to get you thinking/a bit of fun
10/12/2013 09:15:30
Posted by Mr.Fixit on 08/12/2013 17:12:23:

The six/eight inch rule. Ok guys & gals here is a bit of fun to make you all think:- apart from the obvious measurement, how many uses for it can you think of? Here is a few to get you going :- scraper wood/metal/paint/wallpaper, letter opener, knife, screwdriver/slotted screws, scriber {pointy end}, spoon {to eat your beans with] and of course the most important use TO STIR YOUR TEA /COFFEE.

Ok it's now up to you lets see how many uses we can get.

08/12/2013 17:12:23

ok guys & gals here is a bit of fun to make you all think:- apart from the obvious measurement, how many uses for it can you think of? Here is a few to get you going :- scraper wood/metal/paint/wallpaper, letter opener, knife, screwdriver/slotted screws, scriber {pointy end}, spoon {to eat your beans with] and of course the most important use TO STIR YOUR TEA /COFFEE.

Ok it's now up to you lets see how many uses we can get.

Thread: trailing leads
23/08/2013 19:37:27

Thanks for the comments guys however I rarely go over anything like 2kw or even use my leads at anything like full stretch thanks Julian & Dave - Mr. Fixit ps as a hobbyist of 50 years any tips I pick are usefil no matter how old you are.

17/08/2013 21:50:50

I have a pathological hatred for trailing leads,they are a danger in any workshop.All my leads are from above, they are made up from curly kettle leads with the kettle plug removed and replaced with a 13amp rubber socket they stay out of the way until needed and extent to 1 metre. however they are becoming harder to obtain but very sucessful, I have 11 around the workshop and intend to add 3 more. Why not try them.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact