By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steven

Here is a list of all the postings Steven has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: how to attach photos to forum messages
06/02/2014 17:47:03

Hi Les,

A step by step guide can be found on the homepage under useful information, here is the direct *LINK* this should help you, no symbols needed.

I hope this is helpful to you and look forward to seeing your pic.

Steven

Thread: Win a Dremel Moto Saw
03/02/2014 19:18:30

Come on guys, last chance to WIN!

You’ll need to be quick the deadline for entry is this Friday, 8th February 2014.

In case you missed it before, Click here for details, best of luck!

Steven

Thread: metabo bas260 swift
25/01/2014 19:21:24

Hi Vinnie,

It would help to know if the saw is new or pre-used, is the blade stalling or does it sound as though the motor is struggling?

Seems to me that the saw blade might be slipping, assuming that the blade is the right size, is the blade tensioned correctly and are the band wheels clean and free of deposits.

Steven

Thread: Uploading your pictures
17/01/2014 21:17:51

Sorry Dennis, yes the post was for you and this is very helpful. you're photo is on the server at 106kb.... so the file size is reduced during uploading.

Nice to know I can rely on the support and help from the members of the forum by letting me know what works and what doesn't.

Steve

17/01/2014 18:07:57

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that, makes the process even more straight forward. What was the size of the photo you added to your album?

I 'd be interested to know if they are now reduced as part of the uploading process, sometimes these things are updated in the background and someone forgets to let me know. If that's the case I can change the uploading instructions.

Steve

16/01/2014 20:00:57

Thanks Derek, something curiously odd happened there, sorted out after the third edit though.

Steven

16/01/2014 18:01:09

If you are having difficulties uploading images to the website a step by step tutorial can be found here. *LINK*

Steven

Edited By Steven on 16/01/2014 18:04:30

Edited By Steven on 16/01/2014 19:37:11

Edited By Steven on 16/01/2014 19:39:32

Edited By Steven on 16/01/2014 19:50:08

Thread: Bichos or Spanish Bugs
11/01/2014 21:56:42

Hi Peter,

Your work almost slipped off the homepage without a comment, it gave me a smile, the insect collection in your album is great and I would like to see more, keep them coming.

Steven.

Edited By Steven on 11/01/2014 22:25:17

Thread: Turnings
11/01/2014 20:53:29

Derek that’s a fine piece of turning, the bowl set into the pierced triangle, nice work.

Steven

Thread: Tall chest of drawers
11/01/2014 20:32:58

Hi Big Al,

A beautiful chest of drawers. Love the taper on the drawer fronts and the contrast with the surround. How did you construct the drawers and did you use bearing or traditional wooden drawer runners?

Steven

Thread: We wish you all a Merry Christmas
20/12/2013 11:46:44

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year.

From us all at The Woodworker, Good Woodworking and Get Woodworking

Thread: Paul's clocks etc
13/12/2013 19:38:43

Impressive work Paul and very beautiful, tell us more please..!!

Wooden cogs are always a challenge and love the exposed workings, quite a mixed bag of talent here was the circuitry your own work and did you make the acrylic clock face?

I have to ask does it keep time?

Steven

Thread: Is 4th Redwood suitable for joinery?
09/12/2013 23:46:23

Hi mark,

This is the first stage of your project and part of the excitement, go to a timber merchant or two take a look if you don't like what you see move on, sort through they don't (shouldn't) mind just leave it tidy, trust your eye, buy some wood, let it settle indoors for a few days if you can and start making.

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Steve

04/12/2013 18:48:11

Hi Mark,

This grading system is a visual check for knots, splits etc. with grade 1 being the highest. Unsorted is the best (as strange as it might seem) and is actually sorted, this should be grades 1 – 3.

4th and 5th grade will have a higher percentage of defects and would be used for skirtings, architraves and the like.

Your best advice so for is from Derek “go to your local supplier and have a look as you will be able to pick out the wood suitable” remember to look down length of wood for any twists, bows or warps.

There are no hard and fast rules with this, as suppliers grading will vary.

Hope this helps.

Steven

Thread: problems on the web list
02/12/2013 20:34:00

Good to hear it’s all working for you now Old timer, look forward to hearing more from you.

Steve

Thread: Georgian-style bell-top clock
02/12/2013 18:12:46

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for pointing that out, the pictures are back now.

Steven

Thread: Ron Fox
02/12/2013 13:43:09

Here is a statement from Good Woodworking editor Andrea Hargreaves *LINK*

Thread: problems on the web list
30/11/2013 19:12:58

Hi Ron,

I spent some time this morning looking into this with Old timer, the problems have been resolved. The titles change from blue to grey after clicking on them, this is normal and let’s you know which posts or folders you have looked at recently. Refreshing or reloading the web page often helps.

Not sure what is not working for you but if this has happened since we introduced the new website layout it might help if you clear your browsers cache, here’s how *LINK*

If this doesn’t help Ron let me know.

Steve.

Thread: Ron Fox
30/11/2013 15:11:18

Hi Doug,

I have made enquiries and waiting for a response, I will update to confirm.

The announcement I saw was from Peter Sefton who received the news from Ron’s daughter; this is indeed very sad news.

Thanks,

Steven

Thread: Tale of Woe,
26/11/2013 18:20:29

Hi Sam,

Derek has kindly answered your question and just to say I wouldn’t edit what was a fair and open question, which as you can see was answered in the other post, follow Derek’s link.

The two posts have become a little confusing and I thought it best to leave it that way as merging them made no sense.

We should all stick to this thread from now on.

Steven.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact