By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steven

Here is a list of all the postings Steven has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bespoke box
12/12/2014 21:15:03

Hi Medims

This box intrigues me, it's made for a specific item, please tell us about it.

Steven

Thread: Still adding to the tools
04/10/2014 21:11:38

This is an impressive collection of bandsawn boxes Malcolm, I do like the the yew log two drawer one ( i think it's tucked away in this picture, I can just see it on the left)

Please tell me as I am curious, what's the story behind the cuddly panda's in all of your images?

Good luck with the selling, I think you will do well.

Steve

Thread: Events Diary
04/10/2014 18:24:17

Thanks for that Malcolm, this has been added to the events diary, have a great day at the show.

Steve

Thread: Yandles Spring Show
27/06/2014 12:26:04

Ok, apologies for the comedy typo, it’s been changed and thanks for pointing it out.

Steve

Thread: Decked Out
04/06/2014 19:18:20

The deck looks great Steve, quite a project.

I like the different levels, well worth the extra planning and work, this will be a treat for the family that’s for sure, let’s hope the weather allows you to put it to good use.

You definitely deserve to get a bit of time in the workshop now!

Steve.

Thread: digital mag access
30/05/2014 14:18:28

Hi Ged,

I can assure you this is no con, have you contacted subscriptions - subscriptions@mytimemedia.com someone there will be able to help.

Steve

Thread: First Hand Made Project
02/05/2014 16:41:31

Thanks Al and well said, the link has been removed and the member has been contacted to explain the reason for this.

Thread: Help
28/04/2014 17:32:42

Hello John,

I will try to help out with this, can you tell me is your subscription print or digital and are you trying to access the pages of the magazine on the getwoodworking website or through the online reader pocketmags ?

The article you have created this forum thread about is announcing the current issue of The Woodworker and not for reading the digital issue.

Thanks,

Steven

Thread: Magazine wanted
24/04/2014 09:41:48

Hi Ged,

Are you looking for the whole magazine or a particular article?

Steve.

Thread: Offline Reader
07/04/2014 17:31:15

Hi Dave,

This should be working for you now, I have been told your digital account is up and running so you will be able to set up the offline reader now.

Steven

07/04/2014 14:25:04

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that this is still not working for you, the information I passed to you in our previous discussion has worked for others, as this appears to be a problem with your subscriber number not being recognised I will contact someone in subscriptions to help resolve this for you. I will keep you updated.

Meanwhile in answer to your question the digital editions on the website are read only and cannot be saved or downloaded.

Steven.

Thread: PM feedback
28/03/2014 18:36:17

Here’s a progress update, the tick box to set an email alert for new messages is now on your inbox page, this is good, as anyone using messaging will see the option to change this when they open their inbox.

Over to the question of the flashing envelopes… well only one response so far, I’m still hoping for more so will put this on the back burner for now.

Steven

24/03/2014 18:06:13

Hi Derek and Ron

Thanks for your replies I agree an email notification is a good way to alert us of a new message. I am advised this option is not set as standard because some people would report us as spam as they had not opted in. I am awaiting confirmation on this and will keep you posted.

The flashing envelope colour change could still be a way forward but hope for more feedback on this as some members might find it too ‘in your face’

Steven

22/03/2014 19:21:38

Thanks for that Dennis, yes it is possible.

Go to settings on the homepage, top left corner just above the getwoodworking logo. You need to be logged in to see this. From here you can set your personal preferences. Now click on My Account and you will see private Messages, tick the box 'send me an email alert when a message arrives' and your done.

You might want to check your other settings while your there.

Steven

Edited By Steven on 22/03/2014 19:39:43

22/03/2014 18:06:11

Private messaging, does it work for you?

I have been looking into improving the visibility of new private messages after suggestions that new messages are not noticed or not noticed soon enough.

The ball is rolling with our very helpful IT team but options are limited! As web editor I can change the content of the website but changes to the page format would affect all of our websites so are not allowed.

So thought I would take this to the top, the website members, perhaps you could let us know if you think changes are necessary.

If you are not sure what a new message notification looks like you can check this by sending yourself a PM!

Here’s one idea that is possible, the flashing envelopes could change colour from black to red at the moment they flash from black to white, this is a subtle change but might be just enough.

Are changes needed and if so do you have a suggestion?

Steven

Thread: Events Diary
13/03/2014 11:27:27

Hi Amos,

Slightly off topic is just fine, the events you mention are all related to woodworking and open to the general public so that fits. I will include these in the events diary, thanks for pointing them out.

I agree that crafts are often complimentary and also being open to the ideas and techniques of other crafts people should be encouraged.

Steve.

Thread: At Last
03/03/2014 21:58:15

Very nice hollow form Derek, a bit of lace figure coming through on the Sycamore, beautiful.

Steve

Thread: Dremel competition now closed.
08/02/2014 18:24:56

Well the Dremel Competition has now closed, the draw will take place at the beginning of next week and the lucky winner will be notified by email…keep an eye on your inbox.

Then it’s over to Dremel to do their bit and get the prize to the winner, pronto we hope.

Thanks to all the entrants and there were many, good luck…note to the office we must do this more often.

Steve

Thread: Small chest of drawers
08/02/2014 16:14:45

Hi Andrew,

Thought your chest of drawers couldn’t go by without a mention, I particularly like the bold through dovetails they work a treat from the side and top view, a nice solid piece of furniture. The red drawer lining works well with the maple a good choice of colour, was it made as a valentine’s gift? If not you missed out there.

Steve

Thread: how to attach photos to forum messages
06/02/2014 21:21:30

Hi Les,

I would suggest poplar also known as tulipwood from your description, its colours vary from pale straw to olive green sometimes quite dark and occasionally a deep red brown. it's seen as a utility wood (carcassing and the like) not sure it would be used for a glass cabinet, perhaps the inner carcass, I personally think it's a very attractive wood.

I can't be certain from your photo though perhaps someone else will recognise it.

Steve.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
Chippendale
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact