By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Muskoka man

Here is a list of all the postings Muskoka man has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Part wanted
29/06/2013 08:04:41

Morning Gents,

Can anybody point me in the right direction to get hold of a chip extraction hood for the Elekra Beckum 260 planer thicknesser please? It works OK but throws the shavings up and out the attached plastic cover which creates a right old mess! I understand there is another part you can get to attach to the existing cover to take a 100mm duct but I can't find where to get it.

Thread: Western Red Cedar allergy
15/05/2013 22:05:27

It's not looking good. I worked with pine all last week and had no problems. Worked with WRC today and it's set me off again, sore throat, runny nose etc. B**g*r!

So it seems you're right Geoffrey, I need to stay away from it.

27/04/2013 21:14:47

After using Western Red Cedar for a number of years it seems I now have an allergy to it. I've googled it (as you do) but what I want to know is has anyone here had this problem and more importantly have they got over it? Doctor says pack it in working with WRC but I'm hoping not to.

Thread: Sander problem
25/03/2013 23:24:31

Thanks for the advice gents, I'll give your suggestions a go.

24/03/2013 23:22:31

I have a 9" disc/6" belt sander which has started to play up when switching on or off. I just wondered if anyone here has seen this before.

Basically when you switch it on it runs for a few seconds then stops and starts again by itself. It makes a sort of clicking noise when this happens but it doesn't sound like it is coming from the switch. When you go to switch off it stops when you press the button but unless you hold it in for a bit the machine starts up again. I was going to buy a new switch but I am not sure if that is the problem. Do these things have a relay somewhere?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Chris Tribe Furniture
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact