By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bart Garber

Here is a list of all the postings Bart Garber has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is there an aftermarket blade guide for the Kity 613
12/10/2012 17:07:01

This site is an aftermarket supplier for different band saw parts: **LINK**.
Check them if they have what you need.
Thread: Kity 613 bandsaw
28/09/2012 16:52:00

You will really need to get a new blade guide assembly. It’s going to be difficult to find 613 original parts today, so to go for aftermarket replacement parts is the best option. Try this site: **LINK**. They have different aftermarket replacement parts for different brands

Thread: broken bandsaw blades
27/08/2012 20:44:55

There is nothing wrong with the saw. The problem lies on the blade and the blade speed. Make sure you’re following the right speed for the kind of material you’re cutting. And make sure you’re using the right blade for the right material. Change the blade you’re using. BTW, follow blade break in procedure every time you run a new band saw blade. I think the procedure is already posted above.

Edited By Danny Mod on 28/08/2012 08:46:54

Thread: NuTool bandsaw blade running off
27/08/2012 20:22:41

This video might help you to have a nice setup on your saw: http://www.finewoodworking.com/ToolGuide/ToolGuideArticle.aspx?id=34055

BTW, I am a happy customer of www.sawblade.com. They cater good quality blades in less expensive prices. Cuts like cutting through butter!

Thread: Blades
26/07/2012 22:14:17

This could be an old thread but this site for blades will still be relevant. I found this site a good source for quality band saw blades: www.sawblade.com

Thread: What Bandsaw and tablesaw would you recommend?
26/07/2012 20:38:10

Thanks for posting those sites! This could make our search for quality parts and blades easier!
Thread: Best bandsaw blades
25/07/2012 20:02:11

This will be good for a try. Thanks for posting!
Thread: band saw problem
25/07/2012 20:01:59

Thank you for the link you posted George. They’re very informative. But nothing beats experience. Remember the saying “experience is the best teacher”? Newbies become experts because of experience. Just like what Bruce posted, experts’ advice are reliable source for answers. I hope experience will teach me how to become a fine expert.
Thread: Bandsaw blade tension
25/07/2012 20:01:34
Posted by Claude Bradford on 19/06/2012 14:38:26:

That would be what you call de-tensioning. I read also in many forum sites that not `de-tensioning’ the blade after use may cause it to snap. From then on, I always de-tension the band saw blade and the wheels.. I think you will find it to be a 50-50 proposition whether people do it or not? To me, it seems like a pretty easy process to save the blade even if it not always necessary according “to the book”..

Claude’s right. This will avoid tires from having flat spots. Imagine your son sitting on a basketball without changing sides for 10 minutes or more. It will make the ball deformed. The same thing happens if you leave the tension even if it’s not in use.

Thread: BAND SAWS
25/07/2012 20:00:15

I am new to this forum but has been to woodworking for quite a while. Check your blade, maybe it is not the right size for your band saw.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact