By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Provins 1

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Provins 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Subscribing
19/08/2015 05:20:34

Probably already answered somewhere but I can't find it.

If one takes out a subscription can all of the digital archive be accessed or just those copies from the start of the subscription?

Thanks.

Thread: Jardinaire
10/01/2013 17:38:30

The picture is compressed in height making the jardinaire look much squatter than it really is.

Hope you find something suitable Richard.

10/01/2013 11:29:44

I gave up trying to get the forum to display photo properly.angry

Here's a link if you still want to see it **LINK**

10/01/2013 11:07:18

; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: center bottom; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 8px -8px; border-width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block; width: 1px;">  

Here's one I made a while ago. May give you inspiration if you can't find a plan.

Edited By Roger Provins 1 on 10/01/2013 11:09:20

; background-position: 0px 0px; position: absolute; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; height: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 100%; display: block;">  

Edited By Roger Provins 1 on 10/01/2013 11:10:49

Thread: Cancellation of subscription
05/01/2013 16:49:28

It's a bad idea for the subscription readers like me as we have seen it before and don't need it again. With this month's issue I feel I've been short changed.

05/01/2013 06:22:05

It's not the first time articles get reprinted in this or other magazines. I think the publishers are very shortsighted as regular readers will soon spot them.

Unless we get some assurances it won't be happening again in the future I will not renew my subscription.

Roger

Thread: Plunge or Table Saw
29/11/2012 06:14:21

For primary sizing of large boards a track saw will be much cheaper (and much smaller) than a table panel saw. But apart from that a good table saw will be much more useful and accurate in cabinet making. Sizing, jointing, rebating, grooving, mitering, dados etc. Nice to have both of course.

Thread: Table saw blades
01/11/2012 05:43:41

254mm is a standard size for circular saw blades = 10 inches, however 250mm is now more common in the EU and UK.

I would recommend a Freud blade.

Thread: Bandsaw blade tension
21/06/2012 04:44:03

Axminster (APTC) say in their bandsaw instructions ...

"13. Do not release the tension on the saw blade when work is complete. The blades and the main saw
frame do not respond kindly to constant changes in stress and tension. Only release the tension to
change the blade or if the blade is to be removed because the machine is to be ‘mothballed’ for a
lengthy time period. (The blade in tension over a long period of non-use will cause the tyres to
develop ‘flat’ spots)."

Roger

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact