By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Teds woodworking.com

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gwilym6826/01/2014 13:13:13
14 forum posts
36 photos

Hi all... Can anyone help?

Has anyone gone ahead and subscribed/purchased the offer of wood working plans etc from Tedswoodworking.com?

You know that saying "if it sounds to good to be true it usually is" is this the case with this offer?

Your advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers guys

Jemmy Rafferty26/01/2014 14:07:26
1 forum posts

hi ya, i was wanting to know the same thing???

JEMMY.

Derek Lane26/01/2014 14:32:15
3147 forum posts
958 photos

Not sure if it is this one or not but someone on another forum brought plans that was on a disc and they where mostly plans that could be found free on the net.

Like you say "if it sounds to good to be true it usually is"

What type of plans are you looking for

Gwilym6826/01/2014 15:45:04
14 forum posts
36 photos

Hi Derek

Not really looking for any particular plans, but was browsing the web and came across Tedswoodworking and it looked interesting and thought it may be worth the purchase, (always looking for ideas) and I thought having 16000 plans would surely be handy, plus the other products/software that are included.

however can't get that saying out of my head, o.k it's £51 and some people may say it would be worth the risk, suppose I may be being to cautious, and I am very indecisive!

Gwilym

Big Al26/01/2014 17:05:14
1585 forum posts
69 photos

If you google tedswoodworking, the second result gives some good points and some bad points, click here to go to that result.

That said, my advice would be to seek out plans for a project that you are interested in making, if of course you need them in the first place.

Al

Edited By Big Al on 26/01/2014 17:05:42

daveO26/01/2014 17:41:41
250 forum posts
32 photos

STAY AWAY

a friend of mine paid good money for this last year, and whilst at his house I browsed the disc, and thought this all looks familiar.

The content was virtually the same as a disc i bought out of interest on E bay the difference being that I paid £1.99 for my copy.

Yes there is some good stuff on it, for instance I sent a copy of a complete book of clock patterns to sad sam awhile ago, that was from the disc,but generally as said there is not much on it that you cant find on the net, the only bonus is its at hand

Dave

Joe O 327/01/2014 15:26:28
203 forum posts

Read This article **LINK**

In case the link doesnt work it says that According to Jim Barry of Copyright Sharing Information, The company behind this racket as of 27 Feb 2011 have infringed the copyright of 237 companies, magazines and individuals.

Some of the stuff was also avaliable for free.

They trade under other names. The latest i hear is Max.

Joe.

mal bolding24/05/2014 09:17:32
2 forum posts

One other issue with them is that once they have your email address, they spam you mercylessly. Suspect, but cannot prove that they may sell/share your details among other spam generators as well.

Robster01/10/2014 16:24:59
6 forum posts

I've also read a lot about these guys recently, while i was looking for plans. I found this review site to be helpful, a real non-biased look at the product and what it includes.

I'm not sure that I would buy the product because I've heard many accounts of getting sent spam mail and that the plans you receive are just rehashed from many different places. In the end, do your own due diligence I suppose.

Paul Bodiam02/10/2014 14:19:39
93 forum posts
42 photos

Robster, I take issue with your assessment of this being a "non-biased" review. Any review that includes copious links to the download site is suspicious in my opinion. It reads more like an "infomercial".

Ted's Woodworking sales strategy is to recruit "agents" to sell the plans via fake review websites exactly like the one you link to. There are quite a few around!

I strongly urge you not to give any money to these people. They do not pass a penny of it on to the original copyright holders!

Robster03/10/2014 21:12:05
6 forum posts

Paul, good point. I've done further research and I concur. I've read a lot of negative things about the product so I'm going to avoid it.

usman ghani08/01/2015 20:07:49
1 forum posts

Well I personally Bought these plans I'll say these plans waste of money. If you have enough money then buy it but I wont suggest you to buy these plans, Because mostly of copied and there was nothing new you will find free plans of google which is better then these teds woodworking plans.

Aleksandrs Solovjovs12/03/2017 21:07:45
7 forum posts

Well I can say the opposite. I'm pretty satisfied with the teds woodworking package. I work as a senior seller for power tools an home improvement and believe me, I have seen a lot.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Chris Tribe Furniture
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact