By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

ELEKTRA BECKUM SPA 1000

Assistance requested

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Hutchinson 329/07/2012 05:50:33
2 forum posts

I have just been fortunate enough to be given a used Elektra Beckum SPA 1000 dust extractor however the lower bag and the flexible hoses are missing.

Can anyone tell me (1) why are there two bags, an upper and a lower? (2) it appears the flexible hose is quite wide. Does anybody know the diameter of the hose? and (3) all my tools have smaller diameter hoses/connectors. How do you connect the wide hose from the dust extractor to the tool? Is there a connector available that reduces the diameter.

Many thanks.

David

daveO30/07/2012 16:43:34
247 forum posts
34 photos

David hi and welcome

The answers to your questions are

1. there are two bags the lower for dust/chip collection and the upper for filtration.

2. the diameter of the hose will be the standard 100mm hose that are readily available.

3. there is an adaptor kit that has a 100mm connector and then immediately reduces to 32mm flexi hose from there you can then get tapered connectors that fir to the 32mm hose and then you cut them to suit your power tools.

However I must point out that the machine you have aquired is what is classed as a chip extractor, yes it will still collect dust but as these machines normally only filter down to around 6-8 microns

if you connect to power tools such as sanders etc of which produce very fine dust you may well find that much of that dust will pass the filter and be thrown around the workshop, of which could result in being a worse sinario than no extraction at all- one possible way around that of course is to stand the machine outside, but again as it has cloth filters they are likely yo get damp and clogg up very quickly

anyway as for parts do a web search on your machine and it will bring up suppliers for the bags

and also get come catalouges from ,,trend ,axminster and those type of supplier who all list the hoses and adaptors you need

HTH

Dave

daveO30/07/2012 16:43:37
247 forum posts
34 photos

David hi and welcome

1. there are two bags the lower for dust/chip collection and the upper for filtration.

2. the diameter of the hose will be the standard 100mm hose that are readily available.

3. there is an adaptor kit that has a 100mm connector and then immediately reduces to 32mm flexi hose from there you can then get tapered connectors that fir to the 32mm hose and then you cut them to suit your power tools.

However I must point out that the machine you have aquired is what is classed as a chip extractor, yes it will still collect dust but as these machines normally only filter down to around 6-8 microns

if you connect to power tools such as sanders etc of which produce very fine dust you may well find that much of that dust will pass the filter and be thrown around the workshop, of which could result in being a worse sinario than no extraction at all- one possible way around that of course is to stand the machine outside, but again as it has cloth filters they are likely yo get damp and clogg up very quickly

anyway as for parts do a web search on your machine and it will bring up suppliers for the bags

and also get come catalouges from ,,trend ,axminster and those type of supplier who all list the hoses and adaptors you need

HTH

Dave

daveO30/07/2012 16:43:37
247 forum posts
34 photos

David hi and welcome

HTH

Dave

Julian30/07/2012 20:01:51
490 forum posts
28 photos

Hi David - three answers are always better than one. Also have a look in axminster tools there is not much you cant get from there with regard to the hose clips and bags etc. That doesn't mean that there are not cheaper places around either mind.

Ron Davis30/07/2012 20:32:37
1508 forum posts
200 photos

Hi David, I have a second hand Electra Bekum SPA1000, the bottom bag is the cheapest part, I use empty plant compost bags, any strong plastic bag will do if it fits.

Adaptors are readily available as DaveO says, but if you are as tight as I am you could make them by turning a blank to fir the 100mm hose and inserting a 32mm waste pipe into it.

Ron

David Hutchinson 331/07/2012 20:27:22
2 forum posts
Thanks gents. That has been a great help. I'll see what I can arrange.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Chris Tribe Furniture
Trend UK
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
BritishHardWoods