By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Workshop Ducting

Good Price

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sam05/07/2012 22:46:43
386 forum posts
110 photos

Hi all , sorry for my lack of attendence but work has been far toooooooooo hectic .....Anyway During my work on site I am working in league with Ducters and got chatting to him as we have worked around him alot recently and when I approached him for a price in ducitng he laughed at what I told him is the "norm " . He explained what he could supply it to me for .......and I was shocked !!! to say the least .

I will say at this point that this is for 6" galvanised steel spiral pipe ..he quoted me about £14 per three metre length off the top of his head . Instead of using T,s he uses saddles that you cut out an section of pipe and glue/rivet the saddle on . He did say that T's and elbows are available and reducers and that if you want you can fit access hatches next to elbows for easy inspection and to join the lengths you use a collar

He said you can either self tapper them or rivet the sections together but when I explained what it was for he said it would be best to use 3.2mm rivets as it would create less drag and too silicone / tape all joints . .

He did say that all sizes are available and many fittings . So what I am offering is if any of you guys ( and gals ) are after ducting i have no problem getting you some prices and can arrange delivery / courier ..I am in south somerset and can always deliver with in reason .

kind regards Sam

Sam05/07/2012 22:47:23
386 forum posts
110 photos

P.S I will supply it at cost as I am NOT out to make any money for this .

Kind regards Sam

daveO06/07/2012 16:26:50
250 forum posts
32 photos

sam

I know exactly what you mean the true value of this stuff is actually pennies compared with what we all get charged.

I am about to fit a small system and I will be getting mine from " hargreaves duct shop" at fraction of what the likes of axminster wanted

cheers for the offer anyway

regards

Dave

Connor Sweeney16/08/2017 15:39:49
1 forum posts

I wonder if it would be possible to use 4" PVC piping like this

It's reasonable priced?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chris Tribe Furniture
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact