By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Scheppach blade alignment

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Houston 128/05/2012 19:13:49
2 forum posts

Hi all

I hope I might be forgiven for asking a question with my first post. I will try to contribute in future!

I have a Scheppach TS4010 (old aluminium topped model) with all its accessory tables including the 2, sliding table.

In many respects I have been delighted with the saw. Some time ago I moved house and it has taken a couple of years to get all my woodworking kit set up again. I notice that my Scheppach’s blade is fractionally out of parallel with the table mitre slots. The rip fence and sliding table are all aligned to the mitre slots perfectly.

I still have the original user manual. This tells one how to adjust the rip fence, the sliding table, the mitre gauge and the guide rail for the rip fence.

Nowhere (as I see it) does it tell me how to make the most fundamental and crucial adjustment which is the saw blade to the mitre slots. Surely this is the first and most important adjustment as everything else relates to this!

Please might some helpful soul advise me how to adjust my saw so that my blade and mitre slots are exactly parallel?

Thank you; I’d be really delighted to get this sorted out.

Derek Lane29/05/2012 20:44:54
3075 forum posts
916 photos

Welcome to the forum David.

Not having this machine I will ask basic question which is how is the top attached to the bottom housing

David Houston 130/05/2012 07:41:02
2 forum posts

Derek

Thank you very much for your welcome to the forum. I've been enjoying reading many of the discussions on the forum and am delighted to discover such a rich resource of experience.

I wouldn't know how to describe the somewhat complex method of attaching top to cabinet I'm afraid but again, I thank you for your willing enagagement. Perhaps in due course I may be able to learn how to post photographs on the Forum that may better illustrate the issue.

I have had a pm from a gentleman who is the Technical manager at NMA Tools. He generously took time to draw a few diagrams that guide me through the process. I understand that NMA are the principle importers of Scheppach in the UK. I very much look forward to attempting his fix this weekend when time allows. I am most impressed by his courteous on efficient attempt to assist. It reflects very well on NMA Tools.

Were it of greater interest, I may attempt to photograph the procedure lest it be of help to others.

Meanwhile, my thanks again. I will report progress!

Derek Lane30/05/2012 18:35:46
3075 forum posts
916 photos

Glad they have taken the time to sort you out. Hopefully you will be up and running and post some work in the future

Derek Percival16/06/2012 12:14:10
1 forum posts

Hi David,

I've the same table saw as you and have the replacement cast iron top to fit later this summer - a job I keep putting off as I'll have to re-alignt everything. I'm sure that I'll need to perform the blade alignment which you noted so if you can forward those diagrams it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Derek

Tim Collar14/05/2017 11:24:07
1 forum posts

Hi, David

I know this thread was sometime ago , but I now have exactly the same problem . I've emailed Sheppach asking for instructions but have had no response as yet. looking at the set up it's hard to see any form of adjustment .

Any links, or indeed the mentioned diagrams would be appreciated .

Many thanks

Tim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Chris Tribe Furniture
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D Cole Solutions
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Digital Back Issues

Good Woodworking Digital Back Issues The Woodworker Digital Back Issues

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact