By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Table saw / extensions / sliding beams .

trying to make life easier ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kevin Higgins 123/11/2017 11:08:09
3 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Guys ,

I've owned a scheppach ts4010 panel saw for a long time now but am getting weary of the table size on it , especially when I'm cutting long panels . I use roller supports at the moment but am thinking of changing the set up . Looking at newer model saws , they have larger tables and the sliding beam to support the table allowing easier handling and moving of panels etc . Has anyone out there made a sliding beam and retro fitted it to their saw ? Can a beam be bought and retro fitted to an older saw ? I'd be interested to hear other peoples ideas . My budget won't stretch to a new machine so retro fit is really my own option at the moment , any ideas would be appreciated .

Kevin

Derek Lane23/11/2017 11:53:47
3114 forum posts
945 photos

The only thing that I would do is build a trolley for the saw so that the machine sit in it with the table level with the built cabinet giving a larger surface you can also build a custom fence system. To over come the problem of the table not being long enough can be sorted by putting a folding piece behind.

Kevin Higgins 124/11/2017 09:39:19
3 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Derek , thanks , I suppose I should explain , The tables side and outfeed are ok but it's the sliding table thats a bit small , it's only about 16"square so if I've an 8'x2' panel on it , it van be hard to manoeuver even with roller stands supporting the far end . I'd like to get something like the photo below (charnwood) but am wondering if anyone has made their own version of it or knows if the can be bought for a reasonable cost ?w660_new_aug_16 saw.jpg

Kevin Higgins 124/11/2017 09:39:46
3 forum posts
2 photos

Hi again , This is my current saw and set up scheppach.jpeg

Derek Lane24/11/2017 18:30:00
3114 forum posts
945 photos

I see what you mean.

lucy ajones05/12/2017 05:38:30
9 forum posts
Take the guesswork out of making square cuts on large panels with this must-have table saw add-on.
Sliding tables are usually found on large, industrial table saws used for panel-cutting. And there's a good reason for that. A sliding table guarantees precision cuts, particularly on wide panels. With the sliding table shown here, you can upgrade your ordinary table saw to make square crosscuts every time. The table replaces a wing on your saw's table. You may have to shorten or move the fence rails, but this modification is worth it. The sliding table has the capacity to crosscut a 30"-wide panel with ease. The fence automatically registers square to the blade when installed and can be easily removed. This fence also features a side support to help when crosscutting long stock. If you've been looking to improve the accuracy and capacity of your table saw, this sliding table is the perfect project.
What you get:
9 pages of step-by-step instructions
30 full-color illustrations, photos, and exploded views
Includes two-page plan for an outrigger support
Cutting Diagram. Materials list
Retail sources for project supplies

Edited By lucy ajones on 05/12/2017 05:39:08

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Chris Tribe Furniture
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact