By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Small Table saw 10ins

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Knott 120/11/2017 16:48:00
2 forum posts

Hi.Can you recommend a 10ins table saw that will take a Dado set.Many Thanks,David.

Julian21/11/2017 12:41:36
529 forum posts
28 photos

Hi David and welcome to the forum. In answer to your question I think the reply would have to be "use a router" for several reasons. Dado sets can be extremely dangerous and have to be used unguarded, all of the suppliers that I have seen say that they are not suitable for machines that employ electronic braking on the spindle. All machines supplied in the EU must have electronic braking as I understand it (or at least that is what my suppliers in work have told me). I went down this route many years ago having watched Norm Abram on the goggle box but now find that my router and a few cutters are much safer and more controllable than a dado set would be. The choice obviously is yours in a hobby situation but just remember that when you switch off the machine the blade will be trying to undo itself and a dado set will have much more torque than a single blade (flywheel effect). Julian

David Knott 121/11/2017 12:52:14
2 forum posts

,Hi Julian, Thanks for pointing that out, Good safety point.David.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Chris Tribe Furniture
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact