By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How many characters?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Davis21/09/2017 20:49:39
1561 forum posts
201 photos

I have tried to up load a picture and a description of m work and I find I cannot post as it has too many characters.

According to the message I got there is 1229 characters too many, and according to Word the piece I pasted was 1446 characters, are we limited to 215 characters? I have posted longer post than that in the past.

I cannot find any where on the site telling me how many characters I can have in one post.

Ron

Derek Lane21/09/2017 22:29:33
3104 forum posts
943 photos
Posted by Ron Davis on 21/09/2017 20:49:39:

I have tried to up load a picture and a description of m work and I find I cannot post as it has too many characters.

According to the message I got there is 1229 characters too many, and according to Word the piece I pasted was 1446 characters, are we limited to 215 characters? I have posted longer post than that in the past.

I cannot find any where on the site telling me how many characters I can have in one post.

Ron

I am not aware of any restrictions Ron and have know posts in excess of the 215 Characters maybe one of the knowledgeable on this subject will have the answer

Robin Buckland 322/09/2017 10:29:31
6 forum posts
12 photos
194 articles

Hello Ron,

Difficult to say what caused that problem but sometimes it can be to do with Word itself. Without getting over detailed, there can be all sorts of hidden codes (usually formatting) which might be causing the problem, though I can't be certain that is the issue. While there is a limit to the number of characters (I can't recall the number at the moment) then 1400 or so should not be a problem. What I'd suggest is that you paste the text into a basic word processor tool such as Notepad and then copy and paste from there, that should work for you.

Hope that helps but do let us know if it continues to be a problem.

Robin

Ron Davis22/09/2017 19:08:51
1561 forum posts
201 photos
I recently had a full knee replacement, and as you will understand, I found it frustrating not to be able to get around and do all I wanted to do just after the return from hospital. I did hobble down to the shed though, and decided to take on a project that was on the ‘one day when I have the time’ list. I wanted something that was simple to make, did not involve heavy pieces of timber and could be done as I felt up to it.
One thing on that list was a set of trammels. The ones I had came from a boot sale and were marginally better than useless!
Starting with an hour here and a half hour there, I sorted some sapele and commenced to create as masterpiece.
I had made the two heads in sapele and glued and screwed them together and decided they looked awful. Now how much woodwork do you do at 4AM? None? Well me neither, but it is wonderful what comes to mind when heading for the loo at that hour. The vision that came to me was to have contrasting timbers and dovetail the heads. I chose sapele and ash and set about cutting eight dovetails, I made the sleepers from box, and into each I set in a small washer. I used a 6mm bolt with an ash knob, which I ground to a blunt point so that I had metal-to-metal contact. Then with sealer and lots of wax I buffed the lot to a shine. Add some ¼” rod ground to a point and a plug to satisfy the ‘Elf and Safety requirements I have a set of trammels, I just need a job where I can use them now!
Ronrsz_rsz_trammell (1).jpg

Ron Davis22/09/2017 19:10:50
1561 forum posts
201 photos

Thanks for the replies to my query. As you will see I have successfully posted my story

Thanks again

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Chris Tribe Furniture
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact