By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

painted hollow fortm

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
dennis wake08/07/2017 22:52:16
2043 forum posts
1444 photos
1 articles

over a month ago I turned a hollow form that was still wet and moved dramatically. I thought it looked quirky but lacked something. so having got the airbrush and compressor I had to have a go at painting the form. I put it back on the lathe and ebonised it. then painted it with yes you got it JO Sonje iridescent. they are the same colour as I used on other forms but applied differently. the first photo is from when I turned it at first. all comments welcome.dsc_6735.jpgdsc_6733.jpgdsc_6731.jpgdsc_6728.jpg

gerald meager 107/08/2017 04:54:24
14 forum posts

Lovely turning Derek especially the finial I'm a bit of a purist and not into colouring wood I recently saw this technique demonstrated by mick Hanbury and it does look effective if thats what your into nice job well done yours ged

Derek Lane07/08/2017 08:50:05
3104 forum posts
943 photos
Posted by gerald meager 1 on 07/08/2017 04:54:24:

Lovely turning Derek especially the finial I'm a bit of a purist and not into colouring wood I recently saw this technique demonstrated by mick Hanbury and it does look effective if thats what your into nice job well done yours ged

That was Dennis that made this piece Ged. I agree it is a nice piece, having seen this elsewhere I have already commented on it.

David A. Moody23/08/2017 10:53:30
101 forum posts
19 photos
Posted by dennis wake on 08/07/2017 22:52:16:

over a month ago I turned a hollow form that was still wet and moved dramatically. I thought it looked quirky but lacked something. so having got the airbrush and compressor I had to have a go at painting the form. I put it back on the lathe and ebonised it. then painted it with yes you got it JO Sonje iridescent. they are the same colour as I used on other forms but applied differently. the first photo is from when I turned it at first. all comments welcome.

Excellent recovery Dennis, well done.

Edited By David A. Moody on 23/08/2017 10:55:07

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chris Tribe Furniture
Triton
D&M Tools
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact