By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

DeWalt DW100 Bandsaw help please

Just got it and I want to know what's missing, and How to...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fixit25/06/2017 13:21:17
5 forum posts

Hi All. First time posting here so apologies for any transgressions of rules, and/or offence to anyone, none intended.

I've just picked up a non-operational DeWalt DW100 Bandsaw for £30. After some TLC, cleaning, lubrication and adjustment as per various threads, it now works, and very nicely too! Thanks to all previous posters!!

My enquiry is, what don't I have? Obviously it's a very old model and has seen several owners, and not much love. I've seen various photos of the model on the web and I don't really know what's missing as original equipment, and what might be optional extras.

For example:

1) there's a long, thin, empty slot in the table. What went there?

2) was a Sanding table a standard part, or optional extra?

3) I can see a slide/guide bolted to the front of the table on some photos, standard part, or optional extra?

4) how do you change the Sanding pad?

I did manage to download a copy of the Manual but the pictures are terrible quality. I can post photos of what I have if anyone would like to tell me what else I might be missing.

Thanks in advance, Andy.

Derek Lane25/06/2017 22:10:31
3104 forum posts
943 photos

The only question I can answer is the first about the slot that is there so that you can change the blade when you want. On mine there rail along the front of this to which the guide fence is attached.

As for the others maybe someone who has owned one may be able to help but I would have thought that there should be a small table for the sander.

If the sanding discs are like the one on my cheap sander then they are sticky backed so you would need to remove the old ones then clean any adhesive before attaching the new one. The way I have been told to remove the old one is warm the disc up to help to release the adhesive. A heat gun would be a good idea to use but not too close and keep it moving.

fixit25/06/2017 23:35:37
5 forum posts

Hi Derek, and thanks for the response.

Sorry I didn't describe the slot I meant very clearly. It's about 15mm wide and 5.5mm deep and runs parallel to the slot you're talking about, but completely from front to back.

Thanks for the Sanding Disk info, very helpful too.

After a lot of digging, I think the parts I'm talking about are

1) Mitre Fence,

3) Straight/Parallel Cut Fence.

derek willis 126/06/2017 09:07:24
42 forum posts

Hello,

The slot that you refer to is to take a mitre fence, pick one up anywhere,

they are all standard, or make one.

derek.

fixit27/06/2017 09:53:29
5 forum posts

Hi Derek, and thanks for the helpful response, much appreciated.

Yes, it took a lot of digging but I've since discovered that I'm missing the Mitre Fence, the Straight/Parallel Fence and the Sanding Table.

I've seen a lot of different models on eBay, some with different size slides, so I'll need to be careful. I don't have the facilities (yet - slowly putting together my workshop) to make something as complex as a Mitre Fence, or a Straight Fence for that matter. Of course now I know what I'm looking for I have some idea.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Triton
Chris Tribe Furniture
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact